Hemi Predator Confusion

Gatecrasher

I know some of you guys are probably tired of seeing this question asked but I've done some forum searches on this topic but none of the threads I've read definitively answer the question.

I also called Harbor Freight and they didn't answer my question.

I want to buy the Hemi Predator. On the Harbor Freight webpage, there are three 212cc Predators listed.

P/N 60363
P/N 69730
P/N 69727

It looks like P/N 69727 is the California CARB model? Is that correct?

I called Harbor Freight and asked what the difference was between P/N 60363 & P/N 69730 the sales rep said, "There is no difference." Well I don't buy that response. Is one the older non-hemi and the other the hemi?

What part number do I need to get in order to purchase a hemi?

How can you really tell by quickly looking at the engine? Is it easy to tell?

Here's the link: Gas Engines ? Save on Replacement Engines at Harbor Freight

Thanks

Gatecrasher

Thanks for the response bandit 40. It looks like you are correct.

After I went back to the webpage, in the comments one of the buyers states that 60363 is the hemi. :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher

I just got back from Harbor Freight and bought the 60363 with a $99 coupon. The coupon had a 7/31/14 expiration so I wanted to use it before it expired.

So what's the story on 60363 vs 69730? They had both in stock. Which one is the newer model?

Look through the handle hole in the box... :thumbsup:

Here is the Hemi (60363) cast aluminum valve cover:

Here is the non-Hemi (69720, 69730, 69727, etc.) stamped steel valve cover:

:drinkup:

Last edited:
54708713 will give you 25% at HF which brings the Predator down to $90! It worked online and I called the store to see if it would work in-store too and they said it would.

Also, the trick about looking through the box works! They had an old predator on the stand and new Hemis in the boxes. :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher

54708713 will give you 25% at HF which brings the Predator down to $90! It worked online and I called the store to see if it would work in-store too and they said it would.

Also, the trick about looking through the box works! They had an old predator on the stand and new Hemis in the boxes. :thumbsup:
Yeah that's the way it was here in St. Louis. They had a non-hemi on display but the sealed boxes all had the 60363 part number on them. So the P/N was enough to tell. I just needed to check with you guys to make sure.

I didn't think those 25% coupons were good on the engines though. I had one of them I could have used on it but I ended up using it on one of the motorcycle stands. I have two of them now and they are great for transporting bikes in my cargo van.

Last edited:
I just got back from Harbor Freight and bought the 60363 with a $99 coupon. The coupon had a 7/31/14 expiration so I wanted to use it before it expired.

So what's the story on 60363 vs 69730? They had both in stock. Which one is the newer model?
Congrats you got a Hemi .:thumbsup:

Here is an action shot in Harbor Freight yesterday when I was buying me a nice 20-ton Hydraulic Press....had to wander over to look at the engines for a bit, of course, and took a picture of "Hemi Spotting" in action using the aforementioned box handle peek method.... :laugh:

There it is, a cute baby Hemi looking for someone to adopt it.... :thumbsup:

Can't filter threads by start date, only last reply. Maybe this is a well known fact by now.. but I just confirmed the Predator 212 Hemi 60363 is discontinued. Called around to local stores, called HF support.. no one knows anything, and they have no clue they were ever different, and can't tell me when this happened, but they rolled the 60363 part number into the other one, they didn't "discontinue" it. They just send EPA non hemi engine if you go to the link and try to buy the 60363.

Attachments

I saw that a while back, no way to choose between the two and it defaults to the non-hemi when you try to purchase online. Maybe you can still buy a hemi in a HF store. As normal with most businesses, these days, you probably won't find anyone at HF who even knows what you're talking about. Your best bet is to go to a HF store and see if you can find a hemi.

I called around to all three local stored and none have any. One has 14 and they are all EPA non Hemi, other one has none at all, and other one has a bunch all non Hemi.. I guess the EPA version will work right? I mean for Stage one with a torque converter anyways. Not sure if the carburetor even has an idle screw anymore or if you can easily change jets. On the new Coleman mini bikes the carb is all locked down. Oh well.. end of an era I guess.. sniff sniff LOL