Symco shakedown drags 2015

Thanks Justin! It was great meeting you and your buddy. Too bad you didn't get to run. I'll bet one of you would have won the whole thing. Awesome bikes!

Next year if you come up and need a place to camp you're welcome to set up again.
I might take you up on that offer!
If I go next year, I might bring a trailer and setup to sell.

delray

really need to try and see if we can get a reserved spot. i was thinking maybe on the right side of the track. from the start area up to the small building stand that is about half way down the track. kind of a kluster f... with everbody all over the place. chris nelson will be taking over the bike racing for 2016. maybe if that happens we can get a pit/staging area. i don't think thats asking to much......:shrug:
for you guys that go every year. what do you think. should we try and see....

I think it's a great idea! It's not like we take up a ton of room. I'd like an area where we could chain our bikes to a fence/tree/pole.

It would be a good way for us all to meet as well. Once the parade is done everyone scatters for their camp sites. I'm sure people would like to see the work we did on our bikes on the grounds.

The track is hard clay. Would it mess up the track to park there if people walk on it?

Would you need volunteers?

LONG

I think it would be cool, but to be on the grounds in the infield the bike would need to be period correct looking. I probably won't make it again this year. going to Bonneville with the Buick. I could contact the guy who puts Symco on?

delray

long, bikes don't need to be period correct to be on the grounds . they already are on the grounds for racing. that would be great if you could put a bug in his ear on us having a pit area next to the track. like i said before maybe on the right side of the track. from the start up to the small building next to the track. my understanding is that chris will be taking over the race part next year(2016) so maybe by talking to both of them they might go for it. even with the rain this year they still had close to 60 bikes ready to go. just think if the weather was nice. we could of had maybe more.........

LONG

long, bikes don't need to be period correct to be on the grounds . they already are on the grounds for racing. that would be great if you could put a bug in his ear on us having a pit area next to the track. like i said before maybe on the right side of the track. from the start up to the small building next to the track. my understanding is that chris will be taking over the race part next year(2016) so maybe by talking to both of them they might go for it. even with the rain this year they still had close to 60 bikes ready to go. just think if the weather was nice. we could of had maybe more.........
I'll send him a message

LONG

did you guys sign a waiver before? maybe only people with signed waivers be allowed on the track? you know it only takes one joker to race on the track to ruin it. I know this bunch would be fine, but......

delray

ok long, that sounds good. maybe chris nelson also can talk to mike when it comes closer to the show and get that area staked out so the cars don't park there. that would make it so much easyer to stage are bikes there and not have to scramble from all directions when the races start.....:thumbsup:

Looks like we will have to play it by ear as to where mini bike drags will be held. Looks like there will be a venue change for Symco Shakedown and there may also be a different Symco Unionville Village show.

https://www.facebook.com/SSHotRods/posts/910134532404088

Symco Shakedown
16 hrs · Oshkosh, WI ·

If anyone is contacted by John Spence, Ashley Dishno or Paul Meyer, or anyone other than myself are NOT affiliates of Symco Shakedown, they do NOT represent Symco Shakedown and they do NOT have any rights to use our name, or promotion of our event. Symco as an automotive event and Symco Shakedown is an entity owned by myself. These people do not own use of the name, nor have they purchased any rights to do so.

If anyone cares to discuss details, send me a message with your number and I'll be glad to call. If you have committed to their event, know that it is NOT the event you have done in the past. It has come to my understanding they have been telling people they are from the Symco Shakedown.

Symco Shakedown will be moving venues for 2016. The date will still be the second full weekend in Aug. We have some new and exciting changes planned!! The show will remain basically the same. We will make announcements in the coming weeks. This is a very positive move for our event as you will see. We are sad to leave the wonderful village of Unionville, we have made many friends and memories there. Unfortunately, we are unable to continue producing a successful show there.

The 7 year track record of very successful and safe shows speaks for itself. How this played out is a slap in the face to the hundreds of people who have put in blood, sweat and tears to make Symco one of the best shows anywhere. It is sad when people don't recognize the value of the hundreds of vendors, campers, car owners and spectators who support what we are about and have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in Symco. This show is about friends and relationships and that stays with you, not the venue.
John Spence has manipulated a signifiant number of people including myself. The choice of the Union Thershermens Club to just blindly give away an event they do not own rights to is devoid of business ethics and character. They certainly did not do their background on their choice of new show "promotor". I did not either and regret bringing this person in to my circle and family and allowing him to manipulate us. A simple background check will answer any questions as to his character.

John Spence, find your own venue, create your own show and do the work it takes to make it your own. I have. It is thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars to do. Taking what myself, my family and my friends have built and calling it your own is passionless, disgusting, lazy, cowardly and just downright bullshit.

Spence has certainly worked our event, but that is where it ends. Those of you who have seen me pound the pavement over the years, talked with me for hours on the phone and know the effort I put in to make the show the best that it can be, know the value of what we all collectively built. I have driven next to you, vended next to you and participated next to you at hundreds of events over the years. This person has not and is trying to steal what he has not worked for. You all know the face of Symco Shakedown and what we have created will travel to the new venue. Our vendors, staff, volunteers, vintage and regular campers and car show participants are my friends. Our group is committed to move our "Summer Camp" experience to our new location. Those who are just finding out, I am sure will make the easy decision to follow us. Few can put together a "Summer Camp" experience like we have and it will be easily replicated and expanded upon at our new venue. You can make up your own mind what events to attend, but Unionville will certainly not be the same, if there even is a car event there in 2016.
The core people who have made Symco Shakedown what it is, will be at our new venue. Our music will be to the same high caliber, run by the same people. Our swap meet will grow as well as our commercial vending spaces. This venue change means more room to expand. Unionville has had its share of limitations. We are excited to share the news in the coming weeks.

Feel free to contact any of the members of the UTC at UTC Website and tell them how much you have appreciated the last seven years. Wish them good luck with their future endeavors.

Please use this Facebook page and WELCOME for everything official in regards to the show that Shakedown Promotions puts on.

Thank you all for your support.

Cliffy.

there is some Drama here. there will be an event the second weekend of Aug. not Symco Shakedown. but at the same grounds with same criteria. different guys. I think the show taking over is Symco hotrod weekend? not clear yet. looks like John Spence and Paul Meyer are your contacts.

delray

scale-500x500.jpg

looks like they do have something to cover the track if it rains. found the picture on the symco web site.

i also wonder if the guys that are starting up a new location will have minibike drags and what weekend they will have it. i used to do alot of car showing and help judge some large local car shows too and anytime someone started up a new show on the same weekend as another big show was going on, the new show was always a big flop. i hope they pick a different date. just don't see how they are going to find a place like symco with all the old buildings...etc... i wish them luck on finding a good place and on a different weekend.
this way we can have two different places to race minibikes.......:thumbsup:
or it might turn out to be a real bad thing?

I hope someone keeps the drags going. I haven't talked to chris nelson in a while, i might message him and see what he has to say about it. I know he would do just about anything to keep it going.
Justin

delray

briggster
I hope someone keeps the drags going. I haven't talked to chris nelson in a while, i might message him and see what he has to say about it. I know he would do just about anything to keep it going.
Justin
if the people who run and own symco grounds want the minibike drags back. then we will be ok. i am sure chris will run the drags for sure......:thumbsup:

minibike drags also brings alot of people($$$) in just to watch them run....:scooter: