Recent content by Capt

1. C

Steens Taco 22

Sold.
  2. C

Steens Taco 22

Come buy this Taco 22. 1968 Taco 22 250$ with the Honda GX160 + 3HP briggs that was in it. 150$ and I keep the Honda GX160 The Honda runs good, almost new. The 3HP ran but not good, it's pretty worn out. Some thing that are not original as far as I know. grips, pegs, seat, GX160, clutch cover...
  3. C

Honda Big Wheel

The 81-83E and 84ES models have the spring with internal dampener front forks, total junk. Remove the nut on the bottom and pull the lower part off you find the spring is packed with dirt. Many have been swapped out for the 200M and S model telescopic hydraulic shock type forks, they are much...
  4. C

Honda Big Wheel

The 200S is a good choice because the front forks are the good hydraulic type shocks and the width takes the narrower 11" tires. I went with the old 200E BR because I wanted the H/L range tranny for the mountains, plus I had one laying around minus the front end. I used 200S front forks...
  5. C

New but not new

Very artistic, I think people would really enjoy seeing those.
  6. C

Honda Big Wheel

This used to be a Big Red. I found several conversions online and used what I thought were some of the best ideas. Original design of using a BW200 swingarm goes to Joefixit! I still need to install 200S fenders, make the rear rack, and modify the BR headlight guard to fit these 200s forks. Fun...
  7. C

Recovered Taco II

Thanks, will do.
  8. C

Baha Yukon Trail Bike

Pretty cool, seems that brake cable will be damaged first time you take it off road.
  9. C

new harbor freight engine

I tried a HF Predator 99 cc for my Taco II, The engine had such a mid-range vibration I brought it back for a another only to find out they have been discontinued. Too bad really as it is nice replacement but they might be having problems with Honda and copyright I hear? Side note, the latest HF...
  10. C

Recovered Taco II

Thanks, The brake shows a lot of use and motor which I assume was original is really worn. Somebody enjoyed it for many years and rode it hard, good for them. And thanks to a dry desert enviroment it should be good for years to come.
  11. C

Wards mini ?

Very cool! Looks like it could climb a mountain. Who would have thunk-it, big department stores used to sell cool stuff that wasn't electronic?
  12. C

Recovered Taco II

The old Briggs would run but not idle well. It also leaks oil around the shaft which would end up in the clutch. I searched for a replacement and the HF 99cc Predator looked like a good fit until the Briggs can be rebuilt. The Good> The 79$ Predator I picked up at HF was almost a perfect fit...
  13. C

Recovered Taco II

Recovered Taco 22 We found this Taco out in the desert where people used to dump stuff many years ago. The bike was in rough looking shape when my kids drug it home as it had sat out in the elements for probably 20-30 years, as I have lived on the property for 16 and had never noticed it. I...
  14. Taco II

Taco II

15. Taco 22

Taco 22

needs a clutch cover, currently using a ice cream bucket bottom.