new harbor freight engine

I just bought a 3hp 99cc engine from Harbor Freight for my sons Doodlebug...I was wondering if i can get some help on where to get, or what kind of clutch to get...Also, I need a new twist throttle assembly....Any help would be great....Thanks in advance!

for your throttle, you need to measure the diameter of the handle bar first. Then use a piece of string and "lay-out" the path you want to use to get from the throttle to the carb of the engine. Make sure to keep slack so you can turn the handle bars back/forth. Keep your bends smooth and no 90's.
Once you have these measurements you can get a throttle on OldMiniBikes or other vendors. You do have a choice on quality. The cheap ones are just that,cheap and plastic. The quality ones made in England cannot be beaten for quality and finish.
If you need the adapter to the carb to hook up the cable, we need photo's of your engine.

Capt

For some reason the link to this engine isn't working. It's almost like HF pulled the engine from being for sale.:confused:
I tried a HF Predator 99 cc for my Taco II, The engine had such a mid-range vibration I brought it back for a another only to find out they have been discontinued. Too bad really as it is nice replacement but they might be having problems with Honda and copyright I hear? Side note, the latest HF flyer shows a 79cc predator on sale?

As for the cable hook-up you need to loosen up the nut on the throttle lever so it moves freely and also pick up another return spring and hook it up for a good throttle close action.
I pulled that plastic clamp out that holds the fuel line and put a bolt in there from the back to use as a mounting stud. I used a cable clamp on that stud that would hold the cable in place. I drilled a small hole out near the end of the throttle lever and was able to mount the adjustable cable guide there.

That motor should work fine but you might think about mounting it on some rubber if it shaakes bad.

Sorry no pics as I have a Honda GX160 now and am very happy with it.