Recent content by DLendon

1. D

BEWARE !!!

Appreciate the warning, but that's extremely vague, and can't really help anyone avoid getting ripped off. Care to elaborate at all?
  2. D

West Bend/Chrysler 820 TAV

The engine has been gone through, as far as I’m aware, with parts according to original specs. But I’ll have to get the cover off to confirm. Thanks for the info!
  3. D

haha yes, I did mean arctic cat screamer. I need to remember to think before I type. And luckily for me, I inherited the bike with all the chrome on it already- its been that way since 1970
  4. D

Thanks for the info! I was aware of the bit about carb configuration differences- this engine was originally from a Scat Cat Screamer, so it would make sense that it’s set up this way. It actually fits perfectly on my ‘70 Roadster. It’s also faster, and personally, I think it looks better than...
  5. D

If they are as common as you say, would you mind pointing me in the direction of where I could source another one?
  6. D

Thanks! It is indeed model # 82019. I actually just got it, fully rebuilt and ready to go(outside of the clutch/torque converter). I was initially intending to use it on one of my vintage karts, but came to the conclusion it probably won’t be enough power. At this point, I’d like to try mounting...
  7. D

And just in case anyone was concerned why I’m putting a west bend on a roadster, instead of the HS40- the frame and the original HS40 are completely plated in 50+ year old chrome. After rebuilding the motor and repainting it, I’d rather put it on display as a piece of art in my house. I figure...
  8. D

Hi everyone, I have a fully rebuilt West Bend/Chrysler Power Bee 820, that I believe was originally on an Arctic Cat Screamer, and I would like to mount it on my 1970 Rupp Roadster. The only issue I’m running into, since the engine mounts perfectly, is sourcing a torque converter that would work...
  9. D

Trapper mini bike

Funny enough, it sounds like we had similar ideas, although I’m interested in mounting a fully rebuilt 820 (originally from an arctic cat screamer, I believe) on my chrome 1970 rupp roadster. I would like to know if there is a specific torque converter I would need, since the crankshaft is odd...
  10. D

Rupp info?

Would love to get my hands on one of these! Did you end up getting it? I'd be more than willing to make you an offer, if you'd be willing to part ways with it.
  11. D

Kart - Year/Make/Model?

Hi, just picked this up, and wanted to see if anyone has any idea what it is? Sorry for the rough photo, can upload some clearer ones later tonight. TIA!
  12. D

Anything Goes! Mini Snowmobile

I was seriously considering just taking the plunge and ordering one of the sets from alibaba, but it's hard to justify the cost after shipping. Ariens makes a snowblower conversion kit for less money(and I would assume significantly higher quality), I think they're around the $500 mark. The kit...
  13. D

Since it sounds like plastic rollers won’t be durable for any length of time, would it be possible to have metal rollers fabricated with the same dimension/specs? Between CNC and 3D printing, I’d have to imagine it wouldn’t be excessively expensive compared to a few years ago
  14. D

I’ve been back and forth all winter with an idea for a similar build. If only could get my hands on a set of tracks, I’d be more than happy to figure out a way to make this work. Any idea where I could get my hands on reasonably priced tracks? I’ve looked for used tracked snowblowers on the...
  15. D

Any idea what these could be worth?

Wow, thank you for the detailed rundown! Seems like this may be a project that I'll forego, given my limited knowledge of these. They sound like they may be complete money pits, if I can even obtain the necessary parts. I initially assumed they would be in a similar realm to the CT70's(I...