Recent content by DMP CRAZY

1. D

Salsbury clutch

Looking for a salsbury variable speed belt driver clutch 330 series that takes a 5/8 belt. Would of come on some tecumseh engined mini bikes. Any parts also would be helpful example nylon sliders. Clutch would be early 1970's. Thanks Garry
  2. D

Salsbury clutch

Working on a few DMP Trailchamp mini bikes and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with. All bikes have differant than original engines. One has a 6hp tecumseh with lighting coil. It is using a comet clutch with salsbury secondary variable speed belt drive. The other has a...
  3. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Heres a few pictures I took today. 6.5 on a DMP extended rear travel arm, DMP chopper with a good rear travel arm, fender and brakes, picture of my little guy's bike.
  4. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Thanks for the reply Markus. I was not sure about the hp size for the motor on the bike. It was on it when I bought it. When I removed the shroud I noticed the flywheel had been damaged from before. It was just like you said about the longer bolts hitting the flywheel. I cleaned them up with a...
  5. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Thanks Markus that helps explain the differance in crank. I was not aware of the hs-40 being differant. I went out thinking a old points engine is what I needed. Here is some pictures. The mini bike has the lighting coil in it but I'm positive it is bigger than a 4hp. The hs40 looks exactly...
  6. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Thanks I'm not up on the Tecumseh's. Sure helps to get help from members on this forum. The snowblower motor has the dual shafts, but I thought it was just a matter of leaving the second shaft or cutting it. Should I be looking for a single shaft HS-40. Would that be the correct crank. Any other...
  7. D

Help on Tecumseh Engine

Hoping someone can help me on a problem I'm having. I thought I was on my way to putting a HS-40 back in the mini bike. I picked up a HS-40 motor on a snowblower. Engine ran good. I already had the lighting coil and flywheel from 4hp Tecumseh. Decided to put a new headgasket on it , but thought...
  8. D

Imformation on a couple of Tecumseh's

I've picked up a couple of tecumseh engines. One is a HS-40 off a old ariens snowblower. Looks in real nice shape and runs. One bolt was hissing like the head gasket was leaking so I took it apart. Everything looks great except the head gasket. The bolts holes are very close to the wall of the...
  9. D

Dmp engine

I have not seen that thread before. Thats wild. A lot of thought went into that. You weren't thinking of putting a ski on the front of that were you LOL The engine in the picture is a very long block. Sparkplug almost touching top frame. Garry
  10. D

Dmp engine

Anybody know what size of tecumseh this is. I can not find anything. Older hs-40 lighting col and flywheel is on it. Shroud has been modified. Thanks Garry
  11. D

Dmp trailchamp

Nice work Rob. I'm following this thread closely because I have 4 dmp's 2 older and 2 newer with the spoke wheels. I should be able to get 2 nice bikes when I'm finished. i new 1 old. Hope mine might look as good as yours. Tried putting some pictures in yesterday but I was denied for some...
  12. D

Bulb numbers for headlight 1972 DMP

Thanks Dave. Yes it is a 5 3/4" sealed beam that is in it right now. Garry
  13. D

Bulb numbers for headlight 1972 DMP

I have a 1972 DMP Trailchamp with a Tecumseh 5hp. It came with a light but I know it is not right. It is wired for a 12volt light right now. I would like to rewire it back to original. I have all the parts, wires, kill switch, hi low switch. The original light is missing the bulb and switch on...
  14. D

Return to my mini bike youth

Thanks everyone. I will get some pictures up soon. Wife may of lost camera so I'll probably will be getting a new one shortly. That's great there is a few members with some DMP's. I came across the original manual for the one I bought at Dehi as a kid. Found it when I was cleaning up at my...
  15. D

Return to my mini bike youth

I have been doing some research on mini bikes and found your site. I grew up with mini bikes my first was a LIL Indian. I had a blast with that bike. Living and working in the country lead me to saving up and buying a new DMP Trail Champ from the factory at Dehi. Front back disc brakes, torque...