Recent content by hell_toupee

1. H

WANTED Cat Handle Bars

I'm in need of the bars to fit a 400x. No cracks or breaks.
  2. H

My First Restoration (CAT 400x i think)

Calling all People with Cat Parts My handle bars are busted; anyone have a set with no breaks they could part with? :doah:
  3. H

Project Cat Duster ..

lol, this would be too much work for me! question, it looks like you already have the original disc brake mount, was the scrub brake added later? which came first, the caliper or the scrub? :biggrin: good luck to you, i hope you can get this frame sturdy enough for riding again.
  4. H

Sneak Peek I'm pretty much done with the bike. Now I just need to finish the motor. Here is what I've got so far.:hammer::pimp:
  5. H

Update After I sold the old Carlisles to a forum member, I was finally able to finish up the wheels. While I was at it, I finished the handle bars too. Now I'm waiting on the rest of the parts to get here, including a seat made by kbs8ball. Blasted I used this Stainless-colored appliance...
  6. H

I'll take my Frijole in XL

i'd say that looks amazing. :thumbsup:
  7. H

Oh yeah, i forgot about the motor.:blink: Well, it's a 5hp Power Plus Briggs & Stratton, so vintage looking it is not. The head has been ported and polished; it has a cam with better lift and duration; and I think it has electronic timing (no points). It fired right up when I bought it, but...
  8. H

Still Work to be Done Here are some minor tasks that I have to complete: I need to unmount the original Carlisle "Double Indians" since they are cracked and dry-rotted. Then, I'm going to clean and sand the wheels. I want to paint them Aluminum to match the handle bars. I don't think...
  9. H

Hunt Wilde Foot Pegs I just received these Hunt Wilde foot peg covers from bayareaburrito this morning. They look so nice, I feel bad knowing I'm going to put my muddy feet all over them.:eek:
  10. H

Introduction - and Cat mini-bike questions..

thanks mac:thumbsup:
  11. H

Introduction - and Cat mini-bike questions..

quick question, what is the original chain size for the cat sprocket?
  12. H

Finished The Minimate

hey, that's a slick weasel-- really simple and clean. nice.
  13. H

ha!, yes sir. i'm trying not to grow any sparkly orange tumors either.:repuke:
  14. H

I just finished the last clear coat on the frame today. I went with Pumpkin Orange Krylon, and then sprayed glitter for a '70's look. Don't fret, I painted all the parts separately. You can still see the heavenly paint cloud.:nuke::stuart: I haven't started on the handle bars yet...
  15. H

...so, I tore it down, and sent it to Robbins Sandblasting here in Winston-Salem. :grind::grind::grind: I couldn't believe there was clean metal under forty years of weather and rust. By the way, I found that cool bugle exhaust in one of the parts boxes. I want it to go on the bike.