Recent content by Spicoli

1. S

Mini-bike Kits

I am in the process of finishing up an Azusa kit. Getting ready to install the motor within a few days. I bought the 6" kit directly from Azusa, as I can drive directly to them. If I could do it all over again...I would wait for a nice roller frame to pop up on Craigslist instead of going...
  2. S

Today's Pickup,Frijole!

You found the bike that I want... bad. Did you pick that up out in the Inland Empire? There is one for sale right now on Craigslist. Good catch!
  3. S

What A Nightmare

I feel your pain. I had a terrible time working on the motor for my Cat. It has been a while since I have touched a small engine, so I would work on it, put it back on the bike and would have to take it right off again, all while trying to hunt down little pieces that I was sure I set right in...
  4. S

Hi Im New Here and New To Mini Bikes

It looks rainy there. :laugh:
  5. S

Cat mini bikes

Here's mine... a 1970 Slingshot 350.
  6. S

Cat Slingshot 350 Purchase...

That is what I was thinking too. The paint is about a 10 footer. It has some scratches, but I think it ads to the character of the bike.
  7. S

Cat Slingshot 350 Purchase...

Look what I got yesterday off of Craigslist for $180...:thumbsup: The guy I bought if off of said he had it in storage for 10 years and he bought it from a vehicle guy that worked at Disney. According to him, the bike was used in Disney parades in the early 70's. It is in...
  8. IMG_00073

IMG_00073

9. IMG_00061

IMG_00061

10. IMG_00053

IMG_00053

11. S

Is 3.5 HP Enough?

Thanks guys. That is what I am going to get then.
  12. S

Motor Help

Thanks... I am glad to hear that a 3.5 will do all right. I'm not trying to race anyone. I was worried, because I really do not like the way the Honda sits in there. It seems dangerous... there would be no hiding from the dang clutch and chain. Unfortunately, I will have to eat a shipping...
  13. S

Is 3.5 HP Enough?

Ok, so I am looking to put a brand new motor in my Azusa. Would a 3.5 HP Briggs be enough to drag a 200lb knucklehead around? I'm having a hard time finding any motors that would fit just right in my Azusa frame. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :biggrin:
  14. S

Motor Help

Thanks Randy...I thought about going with a separate tank, but the dang motor still sits in there so wide. I eventually want my little boy to be able to ride it too and I'm thinking I might need a smaller engine. I guess you learn as you go. This is my first build. I found a place that has...
  15. S

Comment by 'Spicoli' in media 'Mini46'

Powder coating done. Now Honda GX160 is too big. Got to get a smaller motor.