Could some one ID this Minibike ??

I have been researching the Packer and will post a full report shortly.

Here is what I found.

Ames Harris Neville co. (AHN) owned the trademark for "Camplete". Boise Casecade (BC) bought AHN in 1960. BC started a line of sporting goods products under the title "Boise Camplete" They made gas lanters, stoves, and pop-top campers. The label "Camplete" has a long top on the T, exactly the same as the label on the Packer that Richard posted above. There also is a BC emblem on the box.

I am convinced that the Packer was built by Boise Cascade, but it appears that all the records have been destroyed relating to Boise Cascade and Camplete or the sporting goods they produced. (It is speculated the records were destroyed for liability reasons).

The Packer appears to have been made between 1962 and 1964. (BC sold AHN in 1965). Per the ads I have found, it came in a 4 and 6hp Briggs version. The 4 hp Briggs was a suction carb with the tank on the back. The 6 was an updraft carb with the tank on the front. (I did find one ad with a 3hp motor listed, but have not found any other information that it came with a 3hp.)

As to where it was built, I have been told that the Label that says Packer, has Bakersfield on the bottom of the label. AHN had a plant in Bakersfield, but the only information I have found on it is that it made potato sacks.

Of interest, is that the picture Richard posted lists Boise Camplete Portland, San Francisco, Glendale, and Salt Lake City on the front label. I have been able to confirm that AHN had plants in Portland, San Franciso, and Salt Lake City, I have only found one reference to a Glendale plant. I am researching this.

I have located an old catalog of the Boise Camplete sporting goods. It does contain a picture and information on the Packer. I am awaiting a copy to be sent to me.

Attachments

Last edited: