Search results

1. GTLabs

Tiny twin-screw blower

Long time no see :blink: :scooter:
  2. GTLabs

Drag Bike Frame Ideas and Inspirations.

Before I run 35psi of boost through a gx390, it needs a good scratchbuilt frame to put it in. Shakedown runs will have a 50% underdrive (10t/20t) making 11psi of boost. We all think there's a lot more to be had in a very well done chassis, though. Proper brakes, tires, low weight, and proper...
  3. GTLabs

Industrial Strength Variators/CVTs

Is there a CVT/Variator/TAV2 that can handle 100hp+? Who makes these? QrxnS-xz-iI a66vrJvwsic
  4. GTLabs

Doom...

:grind: :out:
  5. GTLabs

Just great. How am I gonna get THAT under the seat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ENqioKvq2E A supercharged single cylinder tractor puller! I'd love to put one of these 200hp Sprintex's on, spun at a low rpm. They can run wet with fuel unlike a Rotrex centrifugal. It would be underdriven about 50%...
  6. GTLabs

Long list of strange, miscellaneous questions...

I'm going back and forth about a lot of things on this build-up. What do you guys think? Stuff I have to work with GX160 Jiangdong clone. GX200 Genuine Honda. What would you build as an example of a "mild" alcohol motor? I want to use the fuel, but not for high revving shenanigans. This is...
  7. GTLabs

Thanks, Honda. Now I'm going to have to get one of those.

GX25 GX35 1.5 or 2.2 cubic inches of fury. It's their mini 4 stroke lineup. Thoughts? I really hate their car engines but these little motors seem to come out so well. These are all oversquare. Why can't they do that in a car? That'd be a blast on a goped...
  8. GTLabs

Bike was jetted fine last year. It acts too rich this year.

I sorta did this on purpose to see what would happen. My stock little Jiangdog Honda clone was left with just a skosh of nitro-pink in the tank and carb over the winter. I wanted to see what would degrade, if anything. It cranked up and started fine this year. However, when I open the choke all...
  9. GTLabs

Darnit...chain link count problem.

I've never adjusted a chain before. My 2-1 reducer is now a 1-1 drive. I'm exactly one link short, but the chain comes apart two links at a time. I tried leaving it slack with an extra link, but it jumps cogs. Ideas? It's either odd and needs to be even, or even and needs to be odd...
  10. GTLabs

Denver minibike meet?

I see nothing for us folks in the thin Colorado mountain air. Anyone want to get together for food/coffee/etc...?
  11. GTLabs

Cheap gearing solution? Change the reducer gear?

You guys make it easy to be a n00b. Thank you. I'm going to try and do this without pictures. My bike has no top end apparently due to about a 10:1 final drive ratio. There's a 2:1 gear reducer attached to my actual chain drive. It's not a jackshaft. Can I change the rear gear on the...
  12. GTLabs

Just changed my jet. Looking for even bigger ones.

It turns out my little fortune cookie that could takes Honda jets just fine. I put in a #75 main jet from a GX200 and it really liked it on E85. Are there bigger factory sizes that I can use or do I have to go with something drilled? I can drill the little stocker with my hand drill set, but I...
  13. GTLabs

"Don't try this at home"--I always wondered what they meant by that.

We've all been there one time or another. If not yet, then maybe soon enough! A 1/2 cup of 15% nitro sounded too irresistible poured over the last bit of butanol and E10 in the tank. I richened the mixture screw and it picked up a good bit more power. Idling, it wanted to putt away from me and...
  14. GTLabs

Mods and service intervals. Steps for folks who take stuff in steps.

Whenever I learn a new platform, I take steps with things. I tune from the inside out and modify from the outside in. That means I'll change the oil, the spark plugs, and dial in the carb + timing before I bolt anything on like a header or carb or crack the block at all. When I get to adding...
  15. GTLabs

Thermal Dispersive Paints and Coatings?

I've always wanted to try this on an air cooled engine of some kind. I think it looks sexy as well as being functional. But...you guys aren't using it already and neither are the VW or air cooled bike crowds (at least visibly, anyway.) I'll be happy to try it on the clone if no one has done it...
  16. GTLabs

Paint jobs, wiring tucks, and other aesthetics.

Search is disabled at the moment. What have some of you done with bomb can's, powder coating, or airbrushes? I'd also like to do a wiring tuck inside the chassis if possible or somehow make the wires less obtrusive. It's a little nutty with details, but is it doable with a headlight, tail...
  17. GTLabs

What should I do with this GX160 clone motor?

What should I do with a perfectly good JiangDong gx160 clone? I don't want to sink too much money into it, but I love dorking around with mechanical things. 1.) I've never removed a governor (would rather loosen it and just raise the rev limit if possible.) 2.) It doesn't have a big carb or...
  18. GTLabs

Destroked GX engine?

I have a weird idea and I don't know if it will work. It would rev like hell with the short stroke and long rod. Could I take a GX390 and possibly destroke it with a GX120 crank? What do you engine gurus think?
  19. GTLabs

A bunch of general questions...help make Dr. Greenthumb street legal!

I'll be moving on very quickly to round 3 of my biofuel powered Mini Baja/ Yerf Dog buildup. The chassis is appropriately sized for my big ass. Now that the DOT tire issues are taken care of and I don't have to modify the frame, I can jump right into the motor swap. I want to swap the motor for...
  20. GTLabs

I have NO idea how high this is revving...

Any guess on what kind of RPM I'm getting out of this 25cc 2-stroke Homelite? My guess is about 14k. It's got one of my biofuel blends on board. That's the only change. If you guys can also point out a good motorized bicycle kit, I'd really appreciate it :weld...