Bike was jetted fine last year. It acts too rich this year.

GTLabs

I sorta did this on purpose to see what would happen. My stock little Jiangdog Honda clone was left with just a skosh of nitro-pink in the tank and carb over the winter. I wanted to see what would degrade, if anything.

It cranked up and started fine this year. However, when I open the choke all the way, the bike dies. It's jetted for nitro and I put some more back in the tank, and it still does the same thing. Open the choke and it dies at idle. Run it at half choke and it screams. When carbs plug up, that limits the fuel. Why is this acting like it has too much?

I have yet to take apart the carb and wanted to ask first.

Sorta kinda will do this and why?

Needle jet gets hammered when fuel is left in the carb. Replace the carb and it will run fine. Buy a petcock and run dry...

TT :hammer:

vette66_00

also if you have to choke it to get it to run. It is running lean. The choke RICHENS up the Air/Fuel mix. More than likley the jet has some crud in it. Clean it and retry.

GTLabs

I found the paper gaskets were shot when I took the carb off. They disintegrated in my hands. At least it's a cheap fix. Thanks on the rich/lean clarification.