Search results

1. Silent H

Tecumseh parts compatibility Q's?

Hey guys I got a quick question. I have an older Tec H60 that has chewed up teeth on the cam and crankshaft rendering it junk but the rest of the motor is great. I also have a V70 Tec with a burned up piston. My question is can I take the cam and crank out of the V70 and put it in the H60...
  2. Silent H

Need some help

Alright this is going to sound weird but hear me out. I bought an old Toro riding mower yesterday. My goal is to turn it into a Go-kart/utility vehicle. Its a rear engine setup which makes it extremely easy to do. My dad and I did this when I was in junior high with an old rear engine...
  3. Silent H

I hit the motherload!!!

Yup you heard it. My grandfather had a small engine repair shop in his home when he retired, well when he passed a couple of years ago, my uncle(his oldest son) got all of his stuff. My uncle is planning on moving within the next year so hes getting rid of a bunch of stuff so I hit the jackpot...
  4. Silent H

So I couldnt figure out why I didn't have compression...

I had spark, I would have had fuel(if I put gas in it) but I didn't have compression, I figured I had a stuck valve judging by the look/age of the tecumseh H60. So I decided to take it apart today and see if I could get it going. Well heres the pic that ended all in my quest to get this motor...
  5. Silent H

So I guess THIS was the first minibike????

LOL wow I guess this pre-dates the Lil Indian. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=130166323470
  6. Silent H

Engine Breakdown for everyone.

I got an old 4hp briggs from my uncle the other day as he was cleaning out his shed. He gave me this to go along with it and I thought I would share it with you guys as the engine is basically identical to the 5hp briggs. Some useful engine breakdown.
  7. Silent H

Problems with my 3hp tec

I took my 3hp Tec apart this past week to check it over(probably shouldn't have) I put it back together and put it in that Sears mini last night and I have a major fuel problem. The carb is just dumping gas out of it. Its a diaphram style carb. I took the diaphram out since I thought maybe I...
  8. Silent H

Got My first minibike back!!

I had this minibike a few years ago and let my Uncle have it for his grandkids. Well grandkids are on to dirtbikes now so hes cleaning out the shed. Engine that was on there was an old 2hp Briggs. I took it off and put the 3hp Tec I have been messing around with but its too small for this...
  9. Silent H

Tec 3hp side cover removal

Im taking my Techumseh 3hp Craftsman Eager1 engine apart to clean it up a little and make sure everything is good to go but I cant figure out how to get the side cover off, its getting stuck on the shaft oil seal. How do I get that seal out? On a side note, what do you guys do as far as...
  10. Silent H

Need some bearings...

Alright I just got some wheels today in the mail but I need some new bearings for them. I know all about getting the Precision/sealed bearings and whatnot but my front forks for my minibike are set up for 1/2in axles, anyone know where I can get 1/2" ID bearings with the normal 1 3/8" OD for...
  11. Silent H

Picked up a new Mini today...

It looks rough but its mostly just the paint and its pretty complete. Has a Tecumseh H60. Anyone know what brand this bike may be???? Ignore the seat I know that for sure is not original. The Tec doesn't feel like it has very good compression at all but has spark. So I'll get it out of...
  12. Silent H

Got an engine for the Bird....

Picked this engine up for the Bird frame. Its a Tec. but has Sears naming on it which I guess makes it hard to get Tec. parts for? Anyways if anyone could give a crossreference as to what Tec. engine it REally is that would be great thanks! I threw a pic up of some progress on the Bird...
  13. Silent H

Picked this up today

Won it on Ebay and picked it up this afternoon. Its a homebuilt frame, rolling chassis only. Its pretty solid but needs some work. All four wheels are held on with cotterpins ONLY no nuts:confused:, so thats something Im going to have to fix to make it safe. There something goofy with the...
  14. Silent H

Since he's still to little for a mini bike now...

...this will have to do for the time being. I just fixed it, G/F's brother tried to ride it after a few too many and broke where the front fork connected to the rest of the trike. Got it fixed today much to my 18month old sons delight...
  15. Silent H

Scrub Brake questions...

Im trying to figure out how to make a brake setup for my bike. I still have the eyelets on the frame for a scrub brake and was thinking I would go that route. Heres my question though: What can I use on this mini to keep the rod for the scrub brake from sliding around? Locking collar...
  16. Silent H

chain keeps falling off...

got the mini bike going yesterday but Im having some issues with the chain. The clutch and sprocket aren't at a perfect parallel to each other so the chain keeps coming off. Well, thats the conclusion I came to at least. Im going to have to move the engine over and will also have to offset...
  17. Silent H

Briggs throttle hook up

Just curious if anyone has any pictures of an older briggs engine and how they hooked their throttle up? Im kind of scratching my head right now.
  18. Silent H

New Project and Project Update...

Picked this red mini up on friday for 50 bucks. 5 horse Briggs, that I got running today. Needed a new coil. It has a rear tire but it rubs on the gas tank so I have to figure something out with that. Any idea what it is???? The bird is back from from my buddies welding shop. He bead...
  19. Silent H

GX200 throttle setup

Alright guys need a little bit of help. I am getting a 6.5 honda from a pressure washer for the old bird. How to I go about getting a throttle setup on the engine side of it? Can a buy something, or do I have to make it or what? Thanks.
  20. Silent H

Bird? New guy with a mini project.

Hello everyone. Found this site a little while ago and like it a lot. I bought a project a month or so ago and was told it was a Bird. Not sure though based on the pictures on here that I have seen. Heres some pics. Tell me what you think. The 5hp Briggs thats in the pics probably wont...