Search results

1. W

Why wont my crank side cover fricken seal!!

I have been through 3 gaskets, smooth the 2 contact surfaces tried the gel type gasket maker nothing seems to keep oil from leaking out of my side cover!!!!! my next attempt will be with Mr. Gasket fiber sheet but before i spend even more time on this i was wondering if anyone here has any...
  2. W

.020 over bore piston, will it fit?

So i am need of an upgrade and i saw on ebay a .020 overbore flat top piston and rings set for $25.00. Would i be able to fit this bad boy in with cylinder without having to bore it? Also can i use a gx140 flywheel on my gx200 clone? ------------------------------ EDIT: i just double...
  3. W

how much power do you think im making??

6.5hp clone - 1. 275 lift cam 2. 22mm carb 3. headers 4. flat top piston then what if i added like a lighter flywheel and a 14cc head. so i will take rough gestimates for both. thanks guys Skyler Nikolas
  4. W

Vavle lash?

sup guys cant remeber the specs help me out?
  5. W

HM100 10hp...Crankshaft help.

ok so i got an amazing 10hp tech. motor of a genny, one problem though it has a tappered crankshaft, example: Tecumseh crankshaft #35441A HM100 tapered shaft - eBay (item 330364519133 end time Oct-30-09 23:40:47 PDT) and i was wondering if i could just swap the crankshaft with this: John...
  6. W

How to take apart comet clutch????

hey guy i got grease in my clutch (HAAAAAAAAAAAA) and i need to take it apart to clean it but i cant figure the darn thing out. Does anyone know how? Thanks Wolfie
  7. W

How to a make Gas powered canoe..(boat guys come)

Ok huys i have a question for some of you. I just got a flat bottom canoe and i want to add a little 6.5hp honda gx160 clone engine to it. I am pretty sure i can come up with some kind of mount for it to the canoe, but i need help with adding a shaft of about 3-4 feeet long and then a little...
  8. W

noisy clutch

well this does not really belong on here but there isnt really a general motors forum and sice the clutch is on a clone i will post here. i have a comet clutch one of the cheaper ones i got off sledpartsguy on ebay for like 30 bucks, its a nice heavy duty clutch. the only problem is the thing...
  9. W

cutom clone parts pics

hi guys just wonting every one to post custom modes they have done to there clone motor airfilters throttle setups mufflers all that good stuff.
  10. W

Clone wont start>>>

I have a Power Max 6.5 blue motor with a 1 1/2 (about maybe 1 inch) header and a stock exhaust replacement for the flat head motors with the threaded exhaust ports welded on the end of my header (The muffler is rated for up to 8HP). I also have an AGK air filter adapter with uni air filter I...
  11. W

Clone vavle springs

hi guys i am looking to slide some washers in my two vavle springs on my clone but my question is what kind of washers what size should i put more washer on the intake of exchaust sides. i removed the governer so i now the stocks wont cut it so if anybody has any input please let me know.
  12. W

I need big help with my new powermax clone

Ok so i just got my clone today, i am still in the proccess of breaking it in but i have alot of questions 1. after about half a tank of gas i looked at the plug and it is white i mean white, so would getting like a #90 main jet help fix this. 2. i plan on removing the governer using the...
  13. W

Question about blue max setup

Hi i just bought a blue max and i am going to do all this stuff to it http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/engines-modifications/4873-nice-video-prepping-clone-6-5-hp-ohv-engine.html but my question is does any body have any ideas about throttle setup you can see what he is doing in the...
  14. W

which way to mount a clutch

i just bought a new clutch and i am not sure which way to mount it i had a clutch on and engine before with the sprocket facing out but i have also seem a lot of clutches facing in and i am just wondering which way it should be done
  15. W

Carroll Stream Motor Company ?????????

i am considering one of CARROLL STREAM MOTOR COMPANY clone engines it is a 6.5hp with electric start what do you guys think (do you need to buy a battery to use the electric start or is it all internal. All Parts avaible http://www.carrollstream.net/5.0hp%20gas%20parts.htm CARROLL...
  16. W

help getting to vavles

Ok so the problem is i am having the hardest time getting my vavles out. i am going to seat and lap them (i think thats what its called) i took the vavle cover off on the side of the engine under the exchaust and carb ports and there was like a meat screen and know there is a silver metal plate...
  17. W

Tec. h70 idles way high then dies?????>??

ok so i finally got my h70 running almost good you see i have a 12hp carb on my 7 hp Tec i check on this site before buying it and you guys said i would work, so i got it...it is an older carb but this is the first time it has been run since its rebuild.. and let me say they guy that did the...
  18. W

i need help now anybody i need help fast please fast help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will a rebuilt Tecumseh carburetor, part number #640115 or new number #640164 off a model OHV125 12.5hp engine. This carb has adjustable main and idle jets and a manual choke. will this carb work with my 7hp tecumseh ( model - H70) i need to know fast
  19. W

Carb

i need a new carb that will work with my 7 horsepower craftman motor or if you can help me http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/engines-modifications/4750-craftsman-7hp-help-v2.html
  20. W

Craftsman 7HP help V2

ok so i finally got off the rest of the generator piece, but then i lean the engine forward and fuel starts leaking out of the carb and there is this little tiny hole in the side of the carb it looks like it is suppose to be there but i dont know (could it just be some kind of overflow valve)...