Search results

1. Confused1985

Building me a Ruttman

Looking at the pics It's hard to see that It's not full sized! Amazing detail!
  2. Confused1985

Neck's "Peoples choice" build

I would have to say Briggs, but can't wait to see it, whichever engine wins!
  3. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Awesome! Yeah that idea should work. The centre disc is basically just a large sprocket. 3 old valve springs maybe? If u have a lathe then u can make all the rest!
  4. Confused1985

8hp briggs flathead

What jets did u use for the 26mm Mikuni?
  5. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Yeah the way the cable is used is odd, but looks cool with that chunky lever is operates. As for the friction pads, break pads sound like a good option. The ones on mine line up on both sides, so I dunno if possibly they go right thru? As there is little separation between the plates they...
  6. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Yeah, once I find the rest of the missing parts to finish it I might do that
  7. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Ok, I made a quick vid on the clutch. Manual Clutch for a Mini Bike? - YouTube Its gonna be a pain to dismantle. A lot of the bolts on the rest of the mower have seized, but I can get it off, even if I have to saw it out :grind::hammer:
  8. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

It's a Ransommes Mercury 16" mower. No date that I can see but I think it's 1960s some time. It's dark when I get home but this weekend I'll do a quick video on YouTube for it.
  9. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Here is the clutch lever Released (drive) And open (neutral)
  10. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Well this one does in a way! The clutch lever on the handle has a catch. U pull the lever and engage the catch and will hold the clutch open. I'll post a pic when I get home.
  11. Confused1985

Manual clutch?

Not sure if anyone has done this before, but it should work... I got on old style lawnmower a while back just for the engine. My plan was to sell or scrap the rest of the mower, but then I got thinking... It has a centrifugal clutch to drive the blades at the front constantly, but there is...
  12. Confused1985

briggs eyebrow trim - how did I do?

What's ur advice for doing the eyebrows on an IC engine? I took out all the hard edges and graded down to the valves a bit. But I didn't touch the cylinder sleeve. Sorry no pics of it
  13. Confused1985

Found this on Youtube Today !!!!

What you want is one of these! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpL5gynFIsM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXGKwRJvjo
  14. Confused1985

Help stripping paint on 3hp briggs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7TLdfjLgc Here is a video I just did for my 8hp Briggs I'm working on Paint stripped, wire wool and a small wire wheel on a dremel worked great for me
  15. Confused1985

Shaving eyebrows on an IC engine

Hi all, I'm working on an 8hp IC. I have smoothed out all of the edges in the combustion chamber, but I'm not sure how to go about grinding round the edge of the cylinder where the iron sleeve meets the block. Could it cause bad things to happen if I start grinding lumps out of the sleeve? My...
  16. Confused1985

Rat Rod Minibike scratch build

Another mb for the freak bike thread! Can't wait to see it running Keep up the good work
  17. Confused1985

Legal action against MBs in England

There were a couple of companies that did one or two models I think, but nothing close to the ones in America. I've never seen one here, just a couple of pics on the internet. I think a couple made it into the freakbike thread. I'm gonna have to scratch build my bike.
  18. Confused1985

Here is one of our cops sitting on a mini moto, holding a crushed one
  19. Confused1985

Not got any photos, they just look like plastic superbikes about 2' tall. Anything that isn't road legal is towed and crushed, and to make it even better... they charge you to have it crushed!
  20. Confused1985

An advert from a news paper here in England... The only safe way is private property :(