Search results

1. Mr.GhettoRig

Briggs 5hp flatheads and misc parts

Hey guys, need some extra space and pocket change to fuel my v8 s10 swap. '73 mildly modified briggs 5hp (Orange) kool bore, Shaved eyebrows/cleaned up ports/ solid gear crank, COMP GP9330 cam, Stock length ARC billet rod, billet lifters, ARC billet flywheel with +30 degree timing, Bored .10...
  2. Mr.GhettoRig

Need some input on this...

So I've acquired a a 77 Puch moped that I'm doing some custom work on. Just sold off the original e50 to begin the headache of installing a completely different engine. Mainly, because the engine needs a rebuild which means I may as well upgrade which means $$$.. For the price I figure I could...
  3. Mr.GhettoRig

5hp Briggs Engines And Parts

Hey guys, I'm taking a break from the minibike hobby for awhile and I need to lighten my collection, most of it I just want gone. So here's what I got: ALL PRICES ARE + SHIPPING FROM 33981 VIA UPS. Engines: First up is the mildly modified briggs 5hp (Orange), Shaved eyebrows/cleaned up...
  4. Mr.GhettoRig

Need Machinist Help

Might be getting a little too serious about my weed eater bike... I can never seem to leave things alone. The bike is friction drive and since the first ride I've been trying to come up with a solution to the drive spindle where I can have good traction to the tire in wet or dry.. I've tried...
  5. Mr.GhettoRig

anyone know anything about charging batteries?

So ive been running one of those dynamo/generator light setups on my weedeater bike for a couple months now and im getting tired of the fact that they dim and turn off at slow speeds and stopping. both lights are supposed to run off 6v. So I was thinking, I've got a 6v battery laying around that...
  6. Mr.GhettoRig

And another briggs follows me home.

Picked up this little guy from my friends dad.. he had it sitting out in the rain so I just had to save it. I asked him how much and we agreed on $25. Rode there after work on my beach cruiser and managed to get it home by tying it to the top of the frame with my apron and balancing it with my...
  7. Mr.GhettoRig

Stupid Homelite doesn't want to run...

it's already on a bike so it's still a related question I guess. anyway, I took the engine apart, soaked everything in 2 stroke gas for 24 hours to clean off all the gunk and put it all together with plenty of oil and brand new gaskets. I got it to crank over a couple times but only on...
  8. Mr.GhettoRig

Tecumseh H60 (for parts or repair)

I got this engine from my grampa off a pressure washer. It sat in his friends garage for at least 10 years but could be more. I started to disassemble it but never looked inside the crank area, I did drain the oil but I would imagine theres a bit of sludge in there. Cylinder bore looks nice but...
  9. Mr.GhettoRig

Evel Kenievel Herters on ebay.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I drooled over it for a couple minutes so I figured it was worth showing anyway. They guy did a nice job with the description too. not the usual "I got this minibike probably a rupp but I'm not sure". :drool...
  10. Mr.GhettoRig

rupp spoke size?

anyone know what size spokes rupp used? One of my nipples fell off and I need to order another. :shrug::laugh:
  11. Mr.GhettoRig

Can anyone double check my wiring?

I woke up one morning and decided I wanted to put electronics on my Overpowered Electra build.. Headlight, taillight, brake light, front/rear signals, and horn. I bought an all in one switch from some kinda Honda bike with the turn signal switch, horn, and a headlight low/high beam switch all...
  12. Mr.GhettoRig

There's got to be another way.

Well I have this midly modified briggs flathead. Shaved eyebrows/cleaned up ports. Billet Rod Comp GP9330 cam Billet lifters Angled header tecumseh H50 Carb with super high performance meatgrinder intake. Arc Billet flywheel with the advanced timing. It's a neat little package and makes hell...
  13. Mr.GhettoRig

Mr.GhettoRig's Overpowered Electra

So here's my latest bright idea. Electra Duluxe beach cruiser with a 5hp Briggs flatty. My game plan is to have something that somewhat resembles a rat bike/board tracker... sorta my version of TRK's suicycle. :laugh: anyway here's my entry photo. The engine got slapped in there like a...
  14. Mr.GhettoRig

looking for an old tank.

Well I got myself into another project and I'm trying to keep an eye out for a decent gas tank. Looking for something old, beat up, and rusty but still useable. I'm going for a 'vintage/rat' theme on this build. There's not really any tank in particular I'm looking for.. but here's a couple...
  15. Mr.GhettoRig

Just got pulled over...

heading back home from work with my paycheck, cop spotted me on the side of an access road going about 20 and pulled me over.. ON MY LEAFBLOWER BIKE.. are you serious? "There are two types of motorcycle drivers licenses in Florida. You must have one of the following if you are going to operate...
  16. Mr.GhettoRig

Spending Money

gee, it's surprising just how fast money can be spent... lately I've known that the whole Rupp project was going to be expensive, but I've been buying parts a lot slower lately so I could afford food at work and thirst busters before school without feeling like I just dumped a full fortune in...
  17. Mr.GhettoRig

someone talk me out of this...

uh oh.. I'm thinking again.... I bought this scooter for $3 from the bargain barn to cut up and use the shocks from... sure enough a couple months later I end up with this.. The idea is that I want something motorized to ride to work. thing is, I'm too nervous about something...
  18. Mr.GhettoRig

cleanup/spare parts/needed some extra cash sale.

alrighty guys, my garage is a friggin mess and I could use a little extra $$$ to get some more things done. help me out? all items are shipped from 33981 _____________________________ First line up... my very tiny lineup of Honda stuff. all of it came off a GX120 Since most of it is junk...
  19. Mr.GhettoRig

cylinder too tight?

okay im working on putting my briggs 5hp back together, just had it rebored to .010 oversize, guy had it cleaned and honed as well. Oiled everything up, piston, rings, more than enough in the cylinder. I got it in there but it's REALLY tight, I had to put the flywheel on all the way to rotate...
  20. Mr.GhettoRig

WTB: 5hp stock length billet lifters

anyone have a set of used but still useable stock length billet lifters they can sell me for a decent price? I'd like to avoid spending the extra 30 bucks for new ones if I can. maybe I just haven't found the right site? :shrug: