Search results

1. B

High Mileage Bad Dog

Had to replace the rear knobby tire on my MB today. It was worn down to the cord and was really slippery in to ride anymore. Even my front tire is showing signs of wear. Got me thinking. I'll bet not many guys ride their minis so much they wear the tires out! I'm lucky. Have lots of great...
  2. B

Will a bad fuel cap gasket cause failure?

My 6.5 has been unreliable lately. Runs great for a minute or so and then just quits. It usually starts right back up but does it again. I took the carb off and found a tiny bit of junk in it, reassembled and it did fine for a day. Now I am back to the same thing. I think I read somewhere...
  3. B

Greyhound 212 runs good then quits

My faithfull Greyhound starts fine and runs great for about a minute and then stops dead. It starts right back up on usually the first pull and then quits again after about a minute. What should I check and how? Thanks for your expert advise!
  4. B

How do I tighten the bolt on my Hilliard clutch?

Just installed a new Hilliard clutch to my 6.5. It is only held on by a single bolt thru the end of the crankshaft and a lock washer. Problem is....I haven't figured out how to tighten the bolt enough as the center of the clutch starts to spin. How do you hold that sucker still?:crying:
  5. B

Clone pulses up and down at idle

My Greyhound recently started pulsing up and down a couple of hundred RPM at idle only. It isn't any big deal, just annoying:scooter: Any suggestions to cure the problem?
  6. B

Bolt size

Anyone know the bolt size for the extra holes in the oil sump surrounding the crankshaft? I'm trying to attach a chain guard. They arn't listed in bolts and torques. Thanks for your help!
  7. B

Frustrated with chain issue

Man, my chain just keeps falling off. I have a new Bad Dog Mini with 14 inch knobby tires and a 6.5 clone engine. Here is what I have done so far to keep the chain on... 1. Carefully aligned the sprocket with the clutch drive. 2. Carefully adjusted the chain tension. (Many times)...
  8. B

New Years Day Mini Bike Ride for Everyone

Next Saturday will be New Years day 2011. Lets all start the year off with a ride! I thought it would be fun if everyone on the thread took at least a brief ride on their mini bike on New Years Day and reported in about their experience right here on this thread. (preferably with pictures...
  9. B

It's good to be 12 years old

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've just gotten back to mini bikes after a 40 year absence. I believe I was about 12 years old when I purchased a disassembled mini bike from a school friend for I think six bucks? All the parts were there but everything was disassemble including the engine...
  10. B

Help! My darn chain keeps falling off.

Recently finished my Bad Dog. Great bike but I can't keep the chain on it. It works alright a low speed but if I get just a little too fast or hit some bumps it comes off.:censure: I've got it as tight as I can get it. It looks like it is lined up well. Have not oiled the chain a lot. Just...
  11. B

Bad Dog Balloon Tire Build

I've just completed a new Bad Dog Enterpises Balloon Knobby Tire Mini Bike. This was my first build and I selected this kit because it had 14 inch knobby tires, installed kickstand, extended seat and it was a pretty decent price. It also looked like it would be a good match for the Harbor...