Search results

1. E

Video: Azusa Minibike w/ Clone 6.5 GX200 Engine Finally Runs!

yea, i just loss interest. runs like a champ though!
  2. E

It's up for sale on Craigslist. Looking to get $400.00 for it.
  3. E

Azusa Minibike Clone Engine w/ Arnold M-110 Muffler

Installed an Arnold M-110 Muffler on my minibike today. Great improvement over the factory muffler. gco5vOu2rcY
  4. E

The fuel valve on and off switch was too tight from factory. Loosened it and it runs perfect now!
  5. E

TC2 Torque Converter OR Billet Rod, Flywheel, and Removed Governor?

I finally got my clone engine to run smoothly. Starts up each time and runs like a champ. However, I noticed that with my current gearing 12t/72t it has amazing acceleration with plenty of torque, but the top end sucks. I think I'm maxing out at 20mph before the governor kicks in. Debating if...
  6. E

Clone Carb Breakdown & Basic Information Video

YouTube - Clone Carb - Breakdown and Basic Information - Stout Racing Engines
  7. E

Anyone Interested In 19.4hp?

Would you take $850.00 shipped? Also, who built the engine?
  8. E

Reputable Clone Engine Builders? 20+HP Pump Gas Build...

Quote from Lewis Stout of Stout Racing Engines "We build modified clones here. We do our own port work to the head and get it to 0 deck for the highest compression possible. I would suggest methanol for fuel since it runs cooler than gas. We also use a tillison carb and this setup is good for...
  9. E

Reputable Clone Engine Builders? 20+HP Pump Gas Build...

I'm interested in having some work done on a 6.5 clone engine. My goal is to make 20 horsepower on 91 octane. I know there's AGK, NR-Racing, and Stout Racing Engines. Any others? Looking to spend less than $800.00 to make this much power.
  10. E

Fuel Flow Restriction when Fuel Valve Open. WTF?

So I finally got my clone to idle decent. I did a couple full throttle passes and cut the engine, then pulled the spark plug to see how its running. I noticed that the engine lacks power in high rpms (feels like its starving for fuel; lean.) Anyways, the spark plug tip was white, which confirms...
  11. E

Best Throttle Twist Grip?

Originally purchased the AGK throttle grip twist assembly kit (w/kill switch) and I must say that it's complete crap. This was the culprit as to why my throttle would never return on its own. Anyways, I'm starting over with my throttle setup and need the following: throttle linkage kit...
  12. E

Idle Issue: Stock 6.5 Clone Engine (brand new). NEED HELP!

Because I highly doubt it's engine related. It has good compression, good spark, it's just not getting the fuel it needs. I could feel that there is a restriction of fuel somewhere. Will likely disassemble the carb again and inspect it more carefully. Might consider upgrading to a Tilly carb and...
  13. E

Got it to idle perfect for a good 10 minutes! However, under WOT (wide open throttle) it feels like the engine is starving for fuel (no power). Acceleration is strong, but it feels lean up top. Also, when de-accelerating, the engine makes popping noises out the exhaust. I'm sure I just need to...
  14. E

All the wires appear to be connected via wire connectors. Can't I just unplug? Unless I'm missing something here?
  15. E

vapor lock on cali 6.5?

Why not just leave on the vacuum line attached to the top of the fuel tank? Doesn't it just route to the black canister - allowing air to be drawn in - so that the fuel tank can breathe?
  16. E

Finally...PROGRESS! I can get it to start now and idle for a good minute (even at open choke position.) It runs good with plenty of power, but then all of a sudden when I come to an idle, it would idle for a few seconds then unexpectedly shut off. When I first got it going, the idle screw was...
  17. E

Installed K&N Air Filter, Adapter, Header, #90 Main Jet. Now what?

Finally...PROGRESS! I can get it to start now and idle for a good minute (even at open choke position.) It runs good with plenty of power, but then all of a sudden when I come to an idle, it would idle for a few seconds then unexpectedly shut off. When I first got it going, the idle screw was...