Search results

1. D

mini survival bike

has anyone done it?
  2. D

Help! crankshaft play

I had another thread going but figured it might be good to start a new one now that I have identified the problem. one question is this amount of play in the crank normal?? 100_0212.MP4 - YouTube replace bushing/bearing?
  3. D

6.5 questions

loud rattle coming from engine. rockers are loose and need to be adjusted but the sound is coming from the front of the motor I'm afraid it could be the rod or something else. I have the crankcase opened and drained how do I expect the rod and other parts that could be rattling? I am...
  4. D

finding tdc on 6.5

So my doodle has been out of commission for far too long. During the day its been too hot and at night too many mosquitos for me to work in the garage. Now the weathers nice and its time to get riding. my motor started making a loud rattle after my brother took it offroading. I realized my...
  5. D

help! white smoke

so after adjusting the loose valves on my 6.5 clone it will not start and white smoke comes out of the exhaust when i try to start it. I took the spark plug out to look into the cylinder then i put it back in is it possible that i put it in wrong? is there a specific torque or something when...
  6. D

help 6.5 clone loud rattle noise

i have the hf clone with promod header, rejet, and intake today while offroading it started making a disturbing rattle from inside the motor. it happens as you pull the starter and is constant as the engine runs. it runs fine just makes this sound. i checked that the chain and clutch were not...
  7. D

new frame 6.5 doodle

almost done with the swap thought i'd post some pics. advice appreciated on chain tension. I'm not sure if my change is too tight it moves about 1/2" - 3/4" when i push down on it. still waiting for the exhaust and intake from pro mod and the seat from the upholsterer so i can finish...
  8. D

exhaust bending 6.5 clone

well ive started the swap on my new style db and its going pretty good but i dont know how im going to bend the exhaust to fit i dont weld i was thinking about cutting a releif with a hack saw bending it with a mini sledge and wrapping up the cut with some exhaust tape... does anyone see any...
  9. D

is it bad to mess with the throttle linkage springs?

my 2.8 seems to have more power than i thought it would and it backfires at high rpms i had tightened up the linkage springs did i unknowingly deactivate the governor or something? :doah:
  10. D

db30 recoil start fix

Had to fix my db30's starter there are 2 little arms that come out of the center when you pull the rope. One came off somehow. Just had to open the little case pull back the retaining spring clip thing and replace the arm. hope this helps some other newbies like me
  11. D

kick start instead of recoil

has anyone put a kickstart on a doodlebug?
  12. D

new style db

Hi everyone first post here im new to the world of minis. i started watching some youtube videos of doodlebugs and went out and bought on 2 days later. well i put it together and it will run fast for about 50 yards if im lucky then it lurches along at 5 miles an hour if it moves at all. the...