Search results

1. A

Cr500 mini bike

If you've the ability to properly mount that engine to that frame, you probably have the ability to make a frame better suited to the engine. My two cents for what they're worth.
  2. A

VESPA Scooter Scratch built by Jeep2003

Jeep, have you considered a flat(ish) gas tank/fairing up front around the steering column/neck tube(heard it called both on scoots? idk). Since space out back is at a premium I'm thinking it may be a better option than squeezing it back there.
  3. A

Motorized bicycle build

Its too late now but your gonna lose power potential from the intake valve closing at the end of the intake stroke. As jeep2003 stated you do want the piston to begin popping up in the compression stroke before closure. The velocity of intake charge will push air in for a time after the...
  4. A

pistol packin

Actually there is no federal drinking age. That falls to the state. However the feds started putting restrictions on federal funds for any state that chose not to raise it to 21.
  5. A

custom GX390 Jr dragster feul pump mount

engine turn it and the cool factor triples. that said though, cool solution for the mount.
  6. A

Big Block Torque Converter ???

greaser monkey, big block designates engines 300cc and larger with standard one inch output. A 212 is no where close. Also guys I know tav30's will never hold up. I'm looking to see guys who used the 40 series with modified engines.
  7. A

I do know it will work but, will the belt survive for say 3 months of regular use?
  8. A

pistol packin

Wow NOS, it's been a while but I remembered you being rather anti gun. Interesting change sir. On the topic of Washington carry laws no loaded firearms on a motor vehicle unless it's a pistol with a valid concealed license/permit(barring the questionable exclusion of private property). Open...
  9. A

Hey guys, I'm hoping some of you have experience with 40 series TC's. I know they're good and strong but are they enough for a high revving(5500 or 6000rpm) modified big block? A buddy got me thinking about a project, but it'd be one that requires ALOT of Torque, yet still be no fun without...
  10. A

Street legal baja warrior questions

Try golf cart tires, a bunch are DOT approved and close in size. Best include your state, if your serious. Washington is easy enough, go to DMV license as an ORV, add necessary street equipment and go to a licensed motorcycle dealer for inspection. Except Baja withholds the MSO(title) so it may...
  11. A

My 125cc lifan doodlebug

Now just install a swing arm where the rear wheel mounts stock to stretch the wheel base, and give you suspension. Then move the engine back so you can fit the biggest cylinder available (most blocks only the 180cc kit tops, some will take a 200cc). The 6.5's won't be able to touch it.
  12. A

Animal vs. Predator

how much work were you planning on doing? you mentioned the possibility of a stroker kit in an animal. if your gonna go that far start with a bare block, buy a good head if you can't do your own valvejob, or if you can, some light porting with a valve upgrade on a stock head. dont waste money on...
  13. A

FireMarshal71's OldMiniBikes-2014 (Scratch) Scooter Build

Link your videos. If I recall any post showing your active, even "weather sucks so it still ain't painted" is acceptable for the monthly update, so no extra pics of the build should be necessary.
  14. A

2nd DoodleBug, Project Redeption

kenda makes 13x6.5 inch tires for 6 inch wheels(golf cart) if that could suit you better. both full slicks and ribbed tread. not sure what to expect for price though...
  15. A

bike tire on a mini/

I'd have to agree with Gumpit. Scooter tires, sure for street use, but why'd you buy a bike with cargo racks if you only plan on street riding?
  16. A

twin engine drive-train clutch setup

member Oldsalt suggests belt drives to dampen the seperate harmonics of the engines(if i remember his reasoning correctly).
  17. A

Summer '13 Quad Project

the work is awesome, to me looks better thatn factory q uads with all th plastics. But why no rear swing arm?
  18. A

has anyone built a trail through the woods?

My suggestion is mark where you want the trail to go(flags, that landscapers spray, whatever). Clear obstruction from that path (major stuff, like branches or rocks. Then just follow that path on your bikes and let your riding erode everything down. Might not be able to go :censure:holes and...
  19. A

you ever wore yourself down so far you crashed?

I do that alot on the weekends. I work 5:30pm-4am so if I work over at all on Friday(errr um Saturday:facepalm:) I just stay up til my friends are ready to raise some hell. I'm only 20 so I'm young and dumb like that.
  20. A

engines that are not meant for the frame

So you gear it up, don't ditch a perfectly good motor.