you ever wore yourself down so far you crashed?

toomanytoys

Last week I worked every day on my new house, up at 7am work till 2 or 3 am then sleep 4 or 5 hours.

This week has been management training. Up at 5 am home at 730 or 8. 3 more days of this. I got home 10 minutes ago and feel like im gonna fall over.

This week ive averaged 3 hours of sleep. My grass needs cut and I cant even muster up enough energy to sit on the tractor

joekd

Years ago I was working both a 3rd shift and a 1st shift job, my worst days were Monday because I was young and would want to get the most of my weekend so I would only sleep like 1-2 hours total all weekend, go to work Sunday night then work right through until Monday at 5:00. My wife signed us up for birthing classes (were expecting our 1st child) on what else, Monday nights.

I would literally be walking dead and wouldn't even trust myself to drive by the end of that class every week

toomanytoys

I got a good night sleep last night. Feel much better today. On dinner break from my training and feel like a new man. Wonders what 11 hours of sleep will do.

I do that alot on the weekends. I work 5:30pm-4am so if I work over at all on Friday(errr um Saturday:facepalm:) I just stay up til my friends are ready to raise some hell. I'm only 20 so I'm young and dumb like that.

Once in 1983, I worked 12 hours a day for 36 days straight. It was putting in a new process, so it involved some heavy work like using a rock drill. When I finally got a full day off, it felt like I was off for a week. Never did that again and am now retired, but still can't seem to find enough time to do everything I want to do. 4 days ago, my wife woke me up to help her with her CPAP, so she could visit the bathroom. I got up too quickly, felt woozy, grabbed the armoire for balance, and the next thing I remember was looking up at the ceiling and wondering what that crashing noise was. Turns out the noise was my head hitting the corner of the chest of drawers behind me and I was bleeding like a stuck hog. Right now, with seven staples in my head, I feel lucky to be alive and just don't much care anymore what gets done, though sitting on my present house is simply getting to be too much for me and I'm about to let it go for a song. Crashing is never fun and life's too short to dance with ugly guns, or something like that.

toomanytoys

^^

I did that when I was 20. I was working 6pm to 6am 4 days a week. The guy who worked opposite of me got really sick. I worked my shifts and his shifts. I worked 7 days a week, 12 hour days for 2 months.

Didn't affect me one bit at 20. 30 is a whole new ball game it seems. But then again I lived in a studio apartment with nothing to take care of. Now their is grass to cut, work to do around the house and basically a ton more stress. A 3 year old to chase around and a girlfriend to keep happy