Search results

1. Timmahhhhh

Here's my DB30

I got this Doodlebug from a friend of mine cheap-his daughter outgrew it several years ago. The original 97cc engine was still in good shape-but it needed a new tank and carb. I wound up selling that engine and used my trusty 212 Predator from previous projects-it's basically a Stage 1 setup. I...
  2. Timmahhhhh

It Used To Be A Golden Pinto.......

Hello all-it's been a while since I've been on the site. But I've been busy. Here is my Golden Pinto project. I originally found this back in 2018 on Craigslist locally. I was going to try to restore it back to original shape-but that turned out to be more difficult than I liked. So another...
  3. Timmahhhhh

What Can I Do Now?

Here is my Golden Pinto project. I have attempted to install my 212 Predator. As you can see, the fuel filler cap is too big. Is there one available that will work? Thanks for any info.
  4. Timmahhhhh

Starting A Micro Mini

Just got this in a box today........I saw the pictures of other ones and decided I simply had to have one. I got a 99cc Predator from a guy on Craigslist a few years ago brand new in the box. I put on a bored carb from AGK and a header and it was a nice little one wheel peel go kart engine...
  5. Timmahhhhh

Briggs Serial Or Model Numbers

I have a Briggs flattie without an I.D. plate. I got it with the Golden Pinto project bike I got last year. The seller says it's a 3.5 hp-and it runs nicely-but I need to know for sure. Is/are there any other ways to find out the age or horsepower rating? There seem to be some numbers stamped on...
  6. Timmahhhhh

Scooter Tires For My Toad

I do most if not all of my riding on pavement.....And the Toad originally had a pair of 3.50 x 4 sawtooth tires mounted. Going around turns on asphalt always felt kinda funny......so I got a set of 3.00 x 4 scooter tires from OMBW........Can't wait to try 'em out!!!
  7. Timmahhhhh

Are There Any Mini Bike Events Near Pittsburgh, Pa?

I have two bikes-a Ruttman Toad and a Golden Pinto. I would like to take 'em somewhere and show them off or, even better, ride them. I live in Western Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) and am curious about any 2020 events in the area. Thanks for any info.
  8. Timmahhhhh

Different Forks For An Azusa Frame

I was considering a build using an Azusa frame, but I want to put on bicycle handlebars with clamps. What forks out there will fit the Azusa steering tube with few if any modifications? Or should I just buy Azusa forks and cut off the bars and add clamps? Thanks for any info.
  9. Timmahhhhh

WTB-Seat Bracket For Golden Pinto

I'm looking for the front and rear seat mount brackets for a Golden Pinto/Drover/Bird Duck bike. I may have to fab them, but I'd prefer to buy replacements if available. Thanks for any response.
  10. Timmahhhhh

Recommended Tubeless 6" Street Tires

I'm starting a Golden Pinto build-and the original wheels are in excellent shape. I noticed that they run tubeless tires. I primarily ride on pavement. What 6" tubeless pavement tires are suitable for a mini bike? I presume scooter tires would work-but if so, which ones work the best? Thanks for...
  11. Timmahhhhh

Bent Fork Issues

Just picked up this Golden Pinto-and it appears to have some slightly bent forks. How do I straighten them? Thanks for any advice.
  12. Timmahhhhh

I Got Me A Golden Pinto

I saw this for sale locally and got it-cheap. It won't take much to fab a seat plate/shock mount.....And the front fork tubes are slightly bent......But I've always wanted this particular model, whether it was a Golden Pinto, Sears Drover, or Bird Duck.......These don't come around very often...
  13. Timmahhhhh

Golden Pinto?

I'm going out this weekend to look at this. Am I to assume this is a Golden Pinto?Thanks for any replies.
  14. Timmahhhhh

Is This An Arctic Cat?

I saw this on sale-cheap. The seller says it's an Arctic Cat. But every photo of an Arctic Cat that I've seen has clamp on handlebars. Is this a different model A.C.? Thanks for any help. Yes, those are angle iron rear shocks.......
  15. Timmahhhhh

22mm Keihin carb issues

I have installed a cheap Chinese Keihin 22mm slide carb on a 212 Predator with a header. It starts and idles okay,and from low to mid rpm it goes fine-but it doesn't like full throttle. It starts to hesitate and stumble. Could it be just the cheap carb-or should I adjust the needle setting...
  16. Timmahhhhh

22mm Keihin Setup

I have a 212 Hemi Predator-totally stock inside. Stock flywheel, cam, rod, etc. I have recently installed a 22mm Keihin slide carb with an adapter intake. The engine does have a header with a muffler. Is there any good way to set up the carb out of the box? Mixture setting, idle speed, etc. It...
  17. Timmahhhhh

New Old Ruttman

Hello everyone....I haven't been here for a while-been busy with all kinds of other stuff. But-I finally got around to rebuilding my old Ruttman. The first version was black with red wheels and had a 79cc Predator. I rode it for a while and then it just sat. Kart projects and other things got in...
  18. Timmahhhhh

My Simplex Challenger

A few years ago, I saw this on craigslist near my residence. It was offered with a 5 hp Briggs flattie as part of the deal. It was also cheap...... When I got it home I discovered that it was an old Simplex Challenger race kart from about 1961-64. The rear of the frame has been changed, but...
  19. Timmahhhhh

Any Difference Between These Two Header Pipes?

I have a 99cc Predator with a 19mm slide carb and intake setup that worked very well on a motorized bicycle (when it was on the bicycle, it went like hell, but brakes were a big issue). I want to put it on a yard-type dead axle fun kart. I want to use the weenie pipe shown on the far left of the...
  20. Timmahhhhh

Can Someone I.D. THis Yard Kart?

I saw this for sale locally-cheap. I'm just curious as to what brand this might be. Sears? JC Penney? Looks like a department store or Pep Boys-type yard kart. Thanks to anyone who offers a suggestion.