Search results

1. S

Honda GX270 jet size

Anyone know what I should jet the GX270 carb to? Or should I just buy a 390 carb and call it a day. I haven't done any engine work other than header and intake.
  2. S

Anyone know what kind of bolt this is?

I've tried tapered head sex bolt, barrel bolt, binding post, etc., but nothing is coming up. The barrel is 8mm wide and just shy of 1-7/8" (47mm) long.
  3. S

Anyone know what this is?

4. S

Murray Track 2 replacement mono shock

Has anyone ever replaced their mono shock? What did you use?
  5. S

I have an idea for next year's build off.

It seems like this year there were a lot of "For the Wife" builds. Maybe a "For the Missus Class" would be fun.
  6. S

Hey Chipper and anyone in South Louisiana looking for tires

Golf cart, Mini bike, Go Kart and trailer tires on rims This guy has a ton of tires for minibikes/gokarts. 10 bucks a pop. It looks like they have rims too.
  7. S

$*#7% up wheel mount.

So.....I'm kind of at a loss here. I have no idea how this could happen/get this bad. That must have been a ROUGH ride for whoever owned this bike. I don't know how I didn't notice this before now, but now I need to fix it. My only thought is to weld a 5/8" spacer into a thick washer...
  8. S

Predator 212 with comet tav2 worries

I just feel like the driver isn't grabbing enough shaft. After all the spacers are put on, the driver is really only grabbing like maybe 3/8" of the key way. It just seems like that is way too little. Anyone have any insight?
  9. S

Wheel bead with heavy pitting

My wheel has some pitting in the bead. I've been thinking about brazing it. I've also read about bead sealer. Any suggestions? Thanks and happy new year.
  10. S

2015 Build Off - Sandcracker's Open Class Murray Track 2

I'm building this for my wife. Good luck everyone.
  11. S

Seat/Saddle options for my murray mini bike

Back when I bought two, only one had a seat, so while I doubt I'll find another, I'm looking at my options. This is similar Tall Seat Honda XR50 CRF50 50cc 70cc 110cc 125cc Dirt Pit Bike or this Classic Retro Vintage Replica Bicycle Bike Leather Saddle Seat Brown I'm trying to...
  12. S

Wheel Bearing seat is warped.

I'm changing out all the wheel bearings on my Murray Track 2, and the rear bearing seat on the sprocket side is warped. When I tapped the bearing, it practically fell out. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
  13. S

Murray for 2015 buildoff

I bought 2 murrays in September. I took them both apart, and have been building one. Does taking the second one apart disqualify me from using it in the buildoff? I mean, it's just in pieces on the floor. :doah:
  14. S

Murray Track 2 Wheel Bearing size?

Does anyone know off-hand what size the wheel bearings are for the Track 2s? I wanted to buy some today so they could be here before the weekend, but I forgot to measure with my caliper before I left for work. Google is failing me.
  15. S

How does the build off work and stuff?

I've never done the build off, so how does it work and what are the rules?
  16. S

TAV2 belt too tight.

The title doesn't really make sense, but let me explain. I bought a 1" 40/41 tav2 to use with a different project that didn't work out. I traded the driver for a 3/4" 30 series driver. I put it all together, and the belt is so tight it turns the wheel when I'm trying to crank it. Anyone know...
  17. S

TAV2 on a predator engine driver question (part 2)

I mounted my tav2 on my predator 212 with the 9/16 spacer, but the outer half of the driver is only on the shaft by probably an inch? maybe a little less. Is that enough? It seems like that's on the verge of too little shaft to hold onto.
  18. S

Murray Mini bike Build #1

I got 2 murrays right out from Buckeye in his own backyard during the Lo-bama meet up. Here's my progress on the first one. So far, I've cleaned one up a bit, and I'm working on getting the predator and tav2 on it. Picked up a $7 kickstand at wal-mart that just bolted on. It's not pictured...