Search results

1. skidoo50

h50 wont run

Troy built chipper/vac with 5hp tech H50. The carb was disassembled and cleaned. Installed a new spark plug and put in fresh gas and replaced both carb gaskets. It still won't run but back fires from the carb. I'm thinking flywheel key. Are they aluminum like the briggs motors? It supposedly...
  2. skidoo50

Technical question on 5hp gov.operation

When I got this mini and motor there was no governor linkage with it.When I rebuilt the engine I reinstalled the plastic gear and all the governor parts. The only mods were the bore is .010 over,slight porting and I shaved the eyebrows and put in a raptor rod. The mods for next winter will...
  3. skidoo50

Boonie seat

Just a big heads up to anyone that needs a seat for their mini. Kenny is the man!!!! He did a seat for my boonie and its awesome. Well worth the money. I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks Kenny.
  4. skidoo50

Fox sprite coming together

Some progress on the sprite Should have this running this week. I'm just waiting for some parts from OldMiniBikes. More pictures later.
  5. skidoo50

5hp flathead throttle linkage

I have a 5hp briggs flathead and bought a throttle cable kit from OldMiniBikes. I can't figure out how it installs to make the throttle work. There is no governor or any linkage on the carb. Would someone post a picture of their throttle set up so I can see what it's supposed to look like. Thanks in advance
  6. skidoo50

points gap on 4hp briggs

Anyone?
  7. skidoo50

What kind of mini is this?

It has a sticker on it that says Fox,out of Wisconsin. Anybody?
  8. skidoo50

Now what do I do?

I just tried mounting the carb and tank on my boonie and the tank will hit the TAV. It's a 5hp fh and the TAV is as far down as it will go without hitting the frame. Now what? Different carb? Where do I put a gas tank? Do they make a smaller gas tank for the pulse jet? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. skidoo50

Initial carb setting on 5hp fh

What would be a close start up setting on the carb screw? The carb is a pulsa jet.
  10. skidoo50

sealing the crimp seam on a gas tank

I screwed up and sandblasted the gas tank on my Briggs. I didn't realize it was a seam sealer until to late. I now have all of the old sealant cleaned out and scuffed to clean matal. I cleaned the inside and just have to clean once more with acetone to dry the water out of it. What can be used...
  11. skidoo50

standard bore sizes for Briggs flat top

I have a spare flat top and the bore size is smaller than my 5hp block. What is the standard bore on the 3hp and the 4hp blocks? I also noticed the wrist pin is larger and the large end of the connecting rod is a larger diameter than my 5hp too. I did not get the original shroud with the engine...
  12. skidoo50

Cut eyebrows on 5hp flat head

Did I go to far?
  13. skidoo50

5 hp Briggs cam choices

I,m looking to replace the cam since I have the motor apart. I would like something just a step or two above stock so I can use oem springs and lifters. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  14. skidoo50

raptor rod vs.raptor 3 rod

What is the difference between the two? I was told the raptor rod was a factory briggs hi-performance rod. So what is the raptor 3 rod then?
  15. skidoo50

5hp flathead Am I doing ok?

130202 block bored .020 over new valve guides and valve job. I cut the eyebrows and did some mild port work.I found a used Z7 cam from Turk bros.stock rod and flyweel. Am I ok just for a cruiser? Once I get the block back I'll try to post pictures of the eyebrows. Any other suggestions or...
  16. skidoo50

Heathkit transmission parts

I'm looking for the 3 springs and 3 ball bearings that go in the large low gear sprocket for the 2 speed transmission. I also need the large spring that goes in the high gear sprocket assembly.
  17. skidoo50

Heathkit Boonie seat cover

I saw that someone on this site was making seat covers for Boonies. Does anyone remember who was making them? This should be the last part I need to finish this project. I'll post pictures once completed. Thanks
  18. skidoo50

Heathkit Boonie jackshaft question

I just picked up my 2nd boonie. My first one did not have the shifter and jackshaft. This one has both but the jackshaft has been screwed up previously. Does anyone out there have a picture or breakdown of the jackshaft and/or shifting linkage? Is it possible to still find parts for the shifting...
  19. skidoo50

wiring lights to a 6.5hp power sport

engine model number is OH195EA I've tested the wires and this is what I have : green is engine kill, black is ground,red is hot, and yellow is hot. My question, I'm not going to run brake lights. Just a small headlight and tail light. Which of the hot wires do I Use? I believe the red has...
  20. skidoo50

clutch side crank bolt size & thread

I have a 2005 6.5 hp tech fun power motor. Does anyone know what size bolt goes in the crankshaft on the pto side. Is it metric or american?