Search results

1. Predator212Laxer

Gx390 head big valves from factory?

I have two GX390s that I got for $140. One has a cracked block and one was missing coil. So I’m doing a full build for my go kart. I pulled both heads off and noticed on the older one (cracked block) the intake valve was 5mm larger then the other. And the intake was way bigger. Looks like...
  2. Predator212Laxer

Wiseco Piston Cylinder Wall Clearance

Hey after a super long couple year haitus from my go kart I decided with my buddy to start the rebuild of my predator and add some new parts. So I ordered the Wiseco piston set up from AGK (affordable go karts) comes with the ARC long rod designed so the piston can be a "drop in" however, we...
  3. Predator212Laxer

Manual Clutch for Honda Clone Engine

Is there anyway to attach a manual clutch to the Honda Clone engines? I want burnouts!!!! :scared:
  4. Predator212Laxer

Chain Setups for high performance setups

I have a highly modified predator 212 non-hemi. It is on my PRC go kart. Whenever I drive it, if I accelerate the chain will break the master link off. I have checked on a stand and there is no resistance with the chain when rolling, so its not a bent sprocket. I am now about to just attach the...
  5. Predator212Laxer

New predator head hemi WHERE TO GET?

Is there somewhere I can buy one. I know NR sells them for like $20o, too much. I could just buy the whole engine from HF but I just want the head. Thanks
  6. Predator212Laxer

GX390 carb on Predator 212 throttle setup

I just got an adapter and gx390 carb from NRracing and ARC racing. I got the small carb adaptor not the manifold. What do you guys recommend for the throttle hookup? The stock one will not reach all the way. Thanks!
  7. Predator212Laxer

No idle Predator 212 after billet flywheel

I just installed the billet flywheel and 8 degree advance timing on my engine. The former being WELLLLLL overdue. Now when I have it running it wont idle, top end is fine. If I turn the idle screw up it starts moving and still dies. What's wrong, also didn't do this with stock timing?
  8. Predator212Laxer

Shuttering with engine

I have a predator 212cc that has a lot of mods to it, I most recently installed a Billet rod. I made sure to follow all of ARC's instructions except for crankshaft polishing. I installed it on my (new to me) racing go kart frame. Whenever I am in low RPM's, the engine shutters and the go kart...
  9. Predator212Laxer

Getting engine wet offroad

So I am getting an off road go kart, I plan to put my racing engine on it (change the cam whatever...) I already built a snorkel for it, but will the aluminum warp with the heat and then getting soaked? should I avoid water or mud? thanks
  10. Predator212Laxer

Clutch for my engine

So right now I have my predator 212cc making more than 7 hp (maybe 11?) I have it connected to a Hilliard fury clutch, on my normal go kart I am buying an off road go kart that comes with a torque converter The converter says 7HP and lower. can i use my engine with the torque converter? or...
  11. Predator212Laxer

Options for Predator Flywheel?

I have a highly modified engine. It has no governor and I need to buy the billet aluminum components (flywheel and rod). For the rod should I get the .020" over or normal one? For the flywheel the ARC one is kinda expensive; how much would it take to convert the normal aluminum flywheel that is...
  12. Predator212Laxer

Fuel Line Hardening

Every year if I store my engine for over a month, when I come back the fuel lines are hard as a rock. :censure: It's annoying because I store it without any fuel in it, but I think some is still residue in there. I think that the problem is due to that ethanol they put in gas now:no:? Is there a...
  13. Predator212Laxer

Carb for Predator 212

I have a predator 212, it has a lot of mods: RLV header K&N air filter Jetted Carb (stock carb) CL1i Cam Milled GX160 head & ported Big :censure: valves Fuel pump no gov 26 pound springs I know, I know I don't have the billet flywheel or rod, I'm in school and will get them soon! What is the...
  14. Predator212Laxer

Sea Foam in Predator 212

I want to sea foam my engine because I have some left over from using in my truck. Does anyone know how much I should use for this engine? Thanks
  15. Predator212Laxer

Yellow Clone Head on Predator 212

I bought a modded yellow clone head. In order for it to fit on the predator I need to enlarge the dowel holes on the head. Do you guys A)know what tool I should use? B) do I even need the dowel pins? I know they probably keep it from moving so my guess is I need them. Thanks for your help...
  16. Predator212Laxer

What are clone heads made of?

I know this is probably a dumb question for me to ask, but what type of metal are the heads made of? I think they are aluminum. I want to know because I ported one and want to soak it to rinse the metal shavings, I don't have an air compressor to blow it off. Thanks!:shrug:
  17. Predator212Laxer

Predator 212cc Head work!

I have a predator 212cc and I did a bunch of modifications to it, except for the head. I want to use a GX160 head will that work. I've heard that "minidragbike" or someone is a good person to do porting and bigger valves? How can I reach him. Sorry I'm still new to all this. :laugh:
  18. Predator212Laxer

Billet Long Rod or STD Billet

I have a predator 212, and I wanted to upgrade to the billet rod. I have heard horror stories about not upgrading. I was wondering if I should go with the standard length or the long rod. I don't want to change piston. Thanks for reading.
  19. Predator212Laxer

making engine backfire

I know this is probably the opposite of what you're used to doing, but I want my engine to backfire more. Right now when I rev and get in high (5000) RPM's and let off the throttle it makes a little flame. I just want to show off. I don't actually race in a class, just with friends. Just tell me...
  20. Predator212Laxer

profile pic how?

How do you create a profile pic for your user? and what are the different levels of accounts here? Thanks