Search results

1. tex-41

Trail Flite peeps, is this a good deal?

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/ebay-craigslist/78875-whole-lot-abilene-1250-a.html K, this guy in Abilene posted this. I'm still learning how much these bikes are worth, and I haven't seen many of these done so... My Trail Flite aficionados, is this a good deal? I figure... for...
  2. tex-41

Welding hood?

Alright, took a welding class in college, and loved it. Mig, Tig, stick, oxy / acetalene cutting, little brazing, and some plasma. Anyway, I'm a descent welder, and looking at the Hobart 140 :thumbsup: Really excited. So, I guess my question is....I'm looking for a good welding hood. In...
  3. tex-41

Texas / New Mexico Meet and Greet?

So... I don't even have a bike yet... working on it, but not yet. But seeing as Texas was never really a mini bike state (not as much as Cali or the east coast), I want to bring mini biking to Texas in 2013. So here's my proposal... Is there any interest / desire in starting an annual or...
  4. tex-41

Going another route

So since mini bikes in general are pretty scarce around these parts, I've decided to go another route. I'll still be on the lookout for a good roller, but I've decided to BUILD!! :weld: Parts are scarce here, and I've been wanting a new welder anyway..... so... Really looking at the...
  5. tex-41

Looks like a Bonanza?

I think this is a Bonanza? 2 1/2 hp mini bike
  6. tex-41

Roller Frame

It's probably common knowledge by now, but I thought I put it up and see what happens. Looking for a roller frame, not too picky on year / make. Looking for something around $100, doesn't have to be perfect. This will be a project bike and I'll have enough in it already, I can't spend...
  7. tex-41

Ok, I feel kinda dumb here...

Did someone email me pictures of a Rupp frame? I've sent so many emails and whatnot, I can't remember who I've talked to :doah:
  8. tex-41

Ebay find, lot of frames

7 Vintage Mini Bike Frames 1 Scat Cat 2 Bird 1 Ruttman 1 Taco 1 Cat Rupp Pinto | eBay Wish I had the money.... good deal for somebody :thumbsup: Pass it on
  9. tex-41

Guess I better do an intro, huh?

Guess I was suppose to do this first... anywho Name's Tex, from the Great State. Got out of the military last year after 6 years of honorable service. Moved back home, working and going to school. After many years of debate, finally decided I wanted to become a Mechanical Engineer so that's...
  10. tex-41

Found a frame!!

Ok, I'm already hooked and have all but dropped the idea of a Z50...... for now :devil2: So I was doing some searching and found a frame. It's 3 hours away, but it's $25. Forks, frame, and engine plate. I think my first build is going to just be a "put it together" kinda thing. Anyone...
  11. tex-41

Am I missing something?

Ok, so I'm new here, trying to get a feel for the community. Could someone clarify the base of members here? I'm really into Honda Z50's, but it seems like they're frowned upon here? :shrug: I'll be honest.... I had never heard of a Rupp, Taco, or Azusa mini bike until about a week ago...
  12. tex-41

New here! Thoughts on this before buying?

Hello all, Tex here. New to the forum, been on the hunt for a bike for a little while. After looking and exhausting my prior leads, found this gem and it looks great. Just wanted some thoughts on it. Can anyone tell what year this is? Rust looks minimal, but I was hoping some veterans may see...