New here! Thoughts on this before buying?

tex-41

Hello all, Tex here. New to the forum, been on the hunt for a bike for a little while. After looking and exhausting my prior leads, found this gem and it looks great. Just wanted some thoughts on it. Can anyone tell what year this is? Rust looks minimal, but I was hoping some veterans may see anything I may need to be wary of. So I guess my question is, does this look good? Its the cleanest one Ive seen in awhile. I think I may go pick it up in a few days! Then let the resto begin! Love this site :)

Honda Mini-trail Z50

buckeye

Pics would help but, 300 bucks ain't too bad.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

What kimd of riding you looking to do?
Mechanical skills? Look around the photo section, see what makes ya go yeah!!!

tex-41

And Buckeye, I'm really looking to do some riding while camping out and about, riding around the neighborhood. I didn't realize until recently that there's a huge racing scene. Idk really, I had one as a kid and I've wanted another one ever since. My mechanical skills are getting better. I'm a decent welder, and I really enjoy making things work / run. I'm going to school for Mechanical Engineering, so maybe I could work this into a "class project" :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, just asked for pictures and just got the email. Haven't corresponded yet. I'm almost afraid to wait on it, because with my luck by the time I get back... it's gone :doah: I'm really debating just pulling the trigger and hoping for the best. At the very least, I could part it out and get my money back. But I wont :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm posting a lot on this one lol I guess I'm just excited :D Judging by the "Mini Trail" lettering on the tank, it looks like a 72'. Anyone have any idea what year this might be?

Any other thoughts? It looks good to me, but I don't know enough to tell if any parts have been replaced, if anything looks out of the normal, or if something just doesn't look right :confused: Any other comments would be appreciated! :thumbsup: