Search results

1. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

I'm looking at a used Yerf Dog (3203 I think) Go Kart. It looks a little weathered, but seems to be all there. My plan would be to restore/build it. Guy is asking $700. Are these things any good? Are they big enough for an adult?
  2. JBeasty

Header pipe length

Is there a major downside to shortening your header pipe, if you have a silencer on it? I read that the longer the pipe, the better the low end, but this is mainly if your running a straight pipe? I adapted a spark arrestor to my RLV silencer, and it ended up being pretty long (humongous...
  3. JBeasty

California - SF/Bayarea riding

Anyone live in the greater SF/Bay Area know of a good place to ride minibikes? I'm about done with my build, and it would be nice to have another option besides terrorizing the neighborhood.
  4. JBeasty

USFS approved spark arrestor fro the RLV exhaust silencer?

Has any one come up with, or adapted a USFS approved spark arrestor for the RLV exhaust silencer? I have some ideas, but I thought I'd check first before I re-invent the wheel. I'm thinking of attempting to red or green sticker my minibike for legal off road use in California... I know, probably...
  5. JBeasty

CS vs stock cam

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I have to ask: Why do my CS grind cam lobes (on the right) appear smaller than stock (on the left)?
  6. JBeasty

Gearing ratio and Sprocket blank sources.

So I have a Minico or Zebra miniblike (not sure which) I've been tinkering with on and off for a few years. It has a Predator 212 that has been moderately upgraded with performance parts. I adapted a Torque converter with a jackshaft mounted 7" driven pulley. My jack-shaft has a 9 tooth...
  7. JBeasty

Bored & Blueprinted, .650 carb question

Stupid question... I just received my Ru*ing Bored & Blueprinted carburetor, and for the life of me, I see no difference in bore to my stock Predator 212 Carb. I understand it's the Venturi area that is bored, and it's not a big jump from stock to 16.5mm. Is there some way I can confirm I got...
  8. JBeasty

Hemi head

Can you just swap a non-hemi head for a hemi head? I have a 69727 non-hemi California Predator, and I'd like to get the bigger valves and better combustion chamber the hemi has. Would I also need to swap the piston? Thanks, JB
  9. JBeasty

Powder Coating

Question about using filler and powder coating. One guy at the shop said you can't use ANY type of fillers if your powder coating - apparently the oven cracks fillers such as bondo. Have to fill w metal only. Another guy said you can use a product called "Lab metal", which is a 2 part product...
  10. JBeasty

Torque converter question

I'd like to install a torque converter, but I may not have the room. Any body know the dimensions - particularly the shaft to sprocket - of the Comet TAV2 3/4" Drive? Looks like I only have ~ 7" - 8 1/2" to play with. Might just have to do a jack-shaft. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, JB
  11. JBeasty

Billet flywheel key possition

Stupid question. Went to install my ARC billet flywheel on the Predator 212, and realize the notch could be either on the right or left side of the crank shaft. I'm guessing the notch should be on the left, which would put the high spot on the key to the right - thus advancing the flywheel...
  12. JBeasty

exhaust fitment issue

So it looks like every thing will clear - except for the exhaust :censure:. I have the one that comes with the Predator Mini Bike Kit. Wonder if the ARCDJ-1138RLV Box Stock Header and Muffler set up would clear, or if I'm going to have to go custom . . . any thoughts/input anyone? I have about...
  13. JBeasty

on "Removing governor ... Please read" sticky

OK, so I'm new to the mini bike scene, and at modifying Predator engines. Been reading in here a lot about the importance of either not modifying your engine by removing your governor, or replacing the rod and flywheel if you plan to do so. Just can't find a dedicated thread of instructions...
  14. JBeasty

Minico/Zebra Transmogrification

Found this mini bike on CL and couldn't resist. Posted it in "what is it" and the jury is still out. Probably a Minico or a Zebra trail 70. Anyway, immediately ran off to Harbor Freight and picked up a Predator 212 (I always wanted one, just never had a good reason to buy one - so freakin...
  15. JBeasty

New Member, New Toy!

First post ever here. Just picked this up today. Don't have a clue what it is. I looked through the old ad's on here and it looks similar to the Zebra Trail 70 - but mine has a smaller rear sprocket and head light ears. Any thoughts? My plan is to shoehorn in a new Predator 212 engine. Looks...