Search results

1. S

db tow in the snow !

I had so much fun yesterday towing kids on sleds up to the top of a hard packed snow hill! The 6.5 lifan pulled them almost like they were not even there! I tied a long piece of rope to the back of the grab bar and they were lining up to be towed up the hill. I kept my feet on the ground like...
  2. S

how to bend handle-bar back safely ?

Now that my hand is becoming usable after my catastrophic wheelie crash about a month ago, I'm starting to repair the damage to my bug. My right side handle-bar is slightly bent downwards at the bend next to the grip. It's about an inch lower than the other grip. How can I bend it back up with...
  3. S

front brake set-up

Does anyone know a good way to add front brakes to the db-30? Can you use the same brake as the rear does? Any after market systems available? thanks :confused:
  4. S

How do I take powder-coat off ?

I'm thinking of stripping the powder-coating off my entire frame now that I've crashed my db-30g. Does anyone know how to do it easily? I've heard it's alot harder to remove than paint.:grind::hack::confused:
  5. S

I did it...I crashed my db-30

Last tuesday I was riding on a minibike-legal 7 mile stretch of paved road here in the Oregon coast range with my work buddy, bamfbikes. After some awesome road riding on our 6.5 clone equipped db's, we decided to take one of the dirt trails. As soon as we got on it we encountered some deep dips...
  6. S

unidentified knocking sound

I'm getting an occaisional loud knocking sound coming from somewhere on the bike.( db-30 with 6.5 lifan.) At first I thought it was the motor until I coasted down my street with the engine off. There it was again! The chain is not loose, and I cant think of where else it might be coming from...
  7. S

Awwwwsssome Power in the hills!

Yesterday I took my 6.5hp db-3o to our world famous enduro trails in the coastal mountain range here in western Oregon. Look up Trask Mountain trails on the web if you want to see some. There is a seven to eight mile stretch of paved logging road that off-highway vehicles are allowed on in order...
  8. S

6.5 clone gas-cap leak FIX!

The way to fix the o-ring leak on the 6.5 clone is to turn the rubber gasket upside down. Rode all day and not one drop came out. Maybe Suzie Wong put them all in wrong at the factory. The ring seals and stays in it's groove better with the ring reversed. Try it and let me know if it works for...
  9. S

Db-30 drivers beware!

I just took my db-30g to the beach here in Oregon and and decided to check out the entire camping and riding facility there with some quick exploratory blasts on the doodle. After I unloaded the bike in the main parking lot and let it warm up for about 5 minutes, a group of about 6 or 7 Quads...
  10. S

The Kawidoodle!

Here's my db-30 so far, whaddaya think? sry for crappy resolution
  11. S

Flag pole holder needed

Before I can legally run on the beach, I need to have a pole with a flag. I have them but I need a robust and reliable way to mount the flag pole on the db-30g. I want to fabricate one and I was thinking of just using hose-clamps(with rubber to protect the paint), but my friends with sand-dune...
  12. S

minibike distance world record

Does anyone know the world record for distance traveled on a mini without an engine swap? Coast to coast maybe? I'd be curious to know what they are capable of. My clone engine is rated for 500 hours,I believe. At 35mph it would go 3000 miles in 85.7 hours so the engine should do the job but...
  13. S

20w-50 oil ok in clone engine?

Has anyone run 20w-50 in their clone engine? With very hot weather finally here I thought it might be a good idea to run some of my amzoil 20-50 in the lifan 6.5. I'm sure the engine will be taking more of a beating than it would on a log-splitter or generator and we have some 100 degree days...
  14. S

max rpm for lifan flywheel

I've all but decided to remove the governor from my lifan 6.5 but I' worried about the stock flywheel. Does anyone know the safe rpm limit? Will I reach that safe limit if I dont change the valve springs? Is it a good idea to leave the stock valve springs in place to limit rpm? Will the stock...
  15. S

Dont forget the jet

I'm thinking of ordering a uni-filter for my 6.5 lifan. I know the jet I'll need will be smaller than the 92 that AGK supplies with their pipe and filter kit. Does anyone know the correct jet? I want to avoid buying a handful of $5 jets. I'll be keeping the stealthy stock exhaust.
  16. S

Doodlebug bait ( heh heh heh )

Ok, my beach trip is coming up. Im wondering if anyone knows which small dirt bikes and atv's I'll be able to sucker into a humiliating race whith the 6.5hp doodlebug. The look on peoples' faces when they see some dude on an old-school "lawnmower lookin'" minibike kickin a dirtbike's butt...
  17. S

governor adjustment: is there such thing?

I would like to know if there's a way to "adjust the governor" on a lifan 6.5 without removing it. I have'nt heard anyone mention it on the website. My throttle assembly is 100% stock. Can a spring be adusted or re-positioned? I would like maybe another 500 rpm or so for ripping down on the...
  18. S

Ok, how about riding in the sand?

Hi guys. Where I live in Oregon, it's ok to ride on the beach. I feel like I already know the answer to this question but, is it ok to ride my db-30 in the sand? The 6.5 Lifan definitely has enough power but I'm concerned about sand getting into the open clutch, air-cleaner, wheel bearings, etc...
  19. S

end play on the clutch?

My max-torque clutch has a little lateral play on the drive shaft. That is to say I can move it from side to side ever so slightly. Is this ok? Should it fit tightly as close to the engine as possible without any lateral movement ? All responses will be appreciated. Thanks:confused:
  20. S

300 pound nephew on db-30

Now that my lifan 6.5 is on the doodle, I decided to let my 300 lb. nephew ride it. It hauled @$$ ! Literally ! Even with the stock rear sprocket,(geared kind'a tall) it accellerated to top speed Quickly and happily. He was amazed that a little mini-bike could be so powerful. Then his dad gave...