Search results

1. T

Brake were. The flare is a little more than the picture shows

Question… are brake drums supposed to flare out a little? The drum I have doesn’t have a true 90 degree angle. Afraid of on an un even band were
  2. T

Need dune cat pictures

I need good pictures of the original bearing (flange) location on the axle. I don’t know if my bearings was installed properly when i bought it. Thanks
  3. T

Differential sealing?

I’m adding dual chains to my dune cat. I have space on for both sides of the differential and jack shaft. I know it’s ‘ over kill’ but I like the look and makes it easier to square the jack shaft. (Had to change the jack shaft that was over 45 years old and was twisted 3/8’) along with a worn...
  4. T

More pictures please

When I googled go karts and mini bikes and click on ‘image’ only some pictures show up with oldminibikes.com under the photo. My question is why aren’t more pictures of oldminibikes members bikes and karts showing up? You guys have a lot of nice stuff.
  5. T

Low tech tire bead buster

Today I decided to change the back tires on my dune cat with tires I got for Christmas. Trying to brake the bead was troublesome. Tried a board and sledge hammer with no avail. Next I put the tire/rim under my truck back bumper and used a screw jack to compress the tire and it worked. The next...
  6. T

Will tires fit the rims?

I’m changing front rims and tires on my dune cat. I don’t know much about tires so I’m asking will a tire 16 by 6.50-8 fit on a 8 by 5.5 steal rim? Or do I need an inner tube if the bead don’t ‘set’? Thanks for your help . Tony
  7. T

Wanted amusement park go kart body

Looking for this particular go kart body in ok shape with in 350 miles of Dallas
  8. T

Need other measurements from axle to axle

I’m giving my dune cat a total overhaul custom restoration. Before I start to assemble it I want to use it as a template with a few layers of fiberglass. After the new shell has cured I’m doing to cut it in half, stretch it,then add more layers of fiberglass over the hole thing. The original...
  9. T

Home made springer spindles?

I’m looking to add springer spindles to my dune cat. Should I cut and weld on extension to original spindles add longer bolts and add springs or bite the bullet and spend $50+ on new springer spindles
  10. T

Homemade springer spaniels?

I have a dune cat with regular spindles and would like to add springer spindles to cut down on the vibrations while driving. Should I bite the bullet and spend $50+ on new ones or just cut and weld on an extension to the original ones an add longer bolts and springs?
  11. T

need of a 1” double flange hub with bearings

The largest I can find is 3/4”. I can’t use the needle bearing type. Any other options out there?
  12. T

Adding double power

I have an old go kart with a 1”live axle. It’s fast going straight but sucks when making sharp turns so I “disconnect” one back tire from engaging and it works fine. I plan to drive it off road and one wheel drive is a bummer. I plan to add a second engine. The right side engine to power the...
  13. T

One chain or two?

Had to change both sprockets and a twisted jack shaft on my dune cat. Works fine. I pulled it out of storage to clean it up and tinker with it. I noticed the large sprocket can be bolted on the other side of the differential as well. Along with room on the jack shaft for another small sprocket...
  14. T

Ford 351 CJ Engine & Top Loader Tranny

I have a rebuilt 351cj engine,new clutch,and rebuilt top loader trans for sale near Detroit. Can text information and pictures. Tony at (734)788-6763
  15. T

Dune cat for sale near Detroit

Dune cat for sale near Detroit. All works good but a little tweaking to be perfect. (1) engine mount bolts loosen and engine turned about 5 degrees for perfect belt alignment then bolts tighten (2) brake cables oiled & maybe better return springs added. (3) clutch needs dry lube. Has newer...
  16. T

Fair but good selling selling price

I have a dune cat with lots of new parts and paint job. Along with extra tires & sprockets. Me son is grown and no longer interested in it. I would like to sell it sometime in the spring. I’m figuring out a price. With inflation cost a NEW one would cost about $1,800. Yes l do understand it’s...