Search results

1. Minimichael

Monkey Rims & Hubs (a review)

I said I'd do a review when they got here: Review Under $200, plus free 60 day shipping got me these 10 and 12 inch 3.5" rims, hubs and brakes. They're sold as Honda monkey/SkyTeam. They're very light, and spokes look a little spindley, but they feel sturdy, and appear cleanly machined. They're...
  2. Minimichael

But can your switch "kill"?

Working on a dashboard, of sorts. Repurposed heat shield, old indicator light, and two new led-lighted toggle switches... This toggle switch offers to light up a number of different ways, such as green when on but red when off. Blue, but only when the headlight toggle is flipped on, etc...
  3. Minimichael

This was my go to..

This wrench got me through my childhood. Up until my kmart socket set.
  4. Minimichael

A-cat battery module

The new electrical heart of my Arctic Cats. Their tailpipes run under the right side of their seats and center bars, and this electrical assembly will mount under their left. That extra blast shield on stilts reaches out toward the tailpipe, to further protect the front of the battery pack from...
  5. Minimichael

Homemade headlight brackets

Was trying today to make something temporary but now I kinda wonder if these might actually last.
  6. Minimichael

A great eight inch wheel deal

Just ordered these on Alibaba. They'll be here middle of March and that's fine. I'm kinda pinching myself over the price. Thinking I may finally get to use those Michelin S-83s on the shelf! The pic of the silver ones let you get a look at things, but I got the black ones. I'll just need a bike...
  7. Minimichael

My 8B suffering from pre-ignition

Ethanol free gas. Good octane. And I keep getting pinging or piston slap or whatever on my little Briggs 8b flathead (2-1/3hp?)... Was thinking it could be the missing 2" blower plate extension I removed from the shroud top, at the head. (I know I said all this in older post, but I'm bored)...
  8. Minimichael

My Ramrod's New Electronics

I followed the sage advice of the membership here and looked into drill batteries. So long to the extra handlebar bag with wires sticking out. It's getting there anyway.
  9. Minimichael

Seeking my next Arctic Cat fixer-upper

Frame, or entire bike. Ramrods to the front ;)
  10. Minimichael

Will an aluminum exhaust pipe melt? Yes.

Consider this a public service announcement: 1. I learned the hard way that long iron pipe headers screwed into a flathead can tear out the block's threads. All the rattling. 2. I've experimented with aluminum fittings at the block port to reduce this damage. Followed it with steel flex pipe...
  11. Minimichael

Muffler talk

I know we've talked about glass packed and adjusted baffle designs before, but I'm talking about stock options again. Specifically, a big hopped up 2+ HP Briggs with an even BIGGER stock muffler... I'm talking about the sausage muffler that's stock from the 5hps, not just the lil' hotdog. That...
  12. Minimichael

Uncommon Valve Springs?

Inspecting a 5hp aluminum bore, I found this spring set up looking unfamiliar. Normally, the weaker intake spring is swapped out for a heavier, duplicate exhaust spring. Anybody else think this looks unusual?
  13. Minimichael

Anybody know what this is?

Just wondering...
  14. Minimichael

Briggs 5HP Unicorn

Or should I say mule? It seems I may be half way to having an electric start. Call it building up inventory, I went to buy an old green 5HP generator from a guy on craigslist and he gave me this orange one for free. Thanks, guy from Peoria!
  15. Minimichael

PROJECT BONANZA!!

Bonanza roller, ready to roll - $400 But WAIT!! Need an engine, too? Not to worry, my friend. I'll also hook you up with a complimentary freshly painted and stickered 2hp flathead I myself have seen run (just to get you started). Tho I'm not hooking it up FOR you. ---Briggs 2hp PowerKraft...
  16. Minimichael

Bonanza dilemma

I've had my fun with it, but it's not for everybody, or every day. So I'm ready to sell it, but can't decide whether to soup it up, sell it as a roller, or part it out. I was just swapping in a stock 2hp Briggs so it would at least be a running minibike and got to thinking... I have to let a...
  17. Minimichael

WOT

How many out there are so well tuned they can reach for WOT from a dead stop? And just hold on then and climb through your rpms – without bogging or gasping? No feathering of the throttle to get thru those rough spots? I'm getting close with my latest build, but admit each of my other 3 bikes...
  18. Minimichael

What does knock sound like?

My Briggs 8B let's out a distinct clink or clank or ping or pang or spank now and then. It happens when I'm laying into the throttle from a low speed and comes right about the time I am about to ease off on the throttle. This part seems important because it seems to be around the height of...
  19. Minimichael

Stock Racing-Striped 3hp

I've been looking for a clean 3hp, and I scored today! Power washer stuff is still attached, and I'm not sure of the shaft type yet. But most of my bikes are about 2hp at this point, so this find could prove a welcome upgrade. It even looks fast! Just thought I'd share.
  20. Minimichael

Manco Nighthawk

I'm selling this Manco Nighthawk Mini Bike for my brother. It's painted and detailed in Harley Davidson orange and black. We had fun riding minis together for a couple years, but he's taken up motorcycles full time again now, so it's time to let this bike go. Original handlebars are included...