Search results

1. B

Torque converter flew off, shaft is broken

I really don't think it'll be too bad. I guess the only problem is that my HEMI Predator 212 has been sitting in a box in the basement for 2 years. It'll run for sure but I need to drain the gas and oil before I install it just to save me some time. Once again, thanks for the help.
  2. B

That's what I'll end up doing. I did one Predator swap already. Installing this 212 onto my Massimo MB200 should be quicker than installing a 212 on my wife's Moto 80. Might end up being just as quick as replacing the shaft too. I just pulled the Hemi 212 out of the box and see that the...
  3. B

You are probably right. Is that shaft actually part of the crankshaft? Which side of the motor do you have to take apart to do the replacement?
  4. B

I mean the shaft coming out of the motor where the OEM clutch and the current torque converter are attached to. Yes it broke twice but it broke differently. The first time just the bolt holding the torque converter pulley broke off in the hole we tapped when installing the TAV. I'm sure that...
  5. B

I have a Massimo MB200 with the 196cc engine. Earlier this summer the bolt holding my torque converter on broke off in the shaft, spilling the torque converter all over the road. I ordered a new pulley, removed the bolt with an easy out, and replaced everything. Everything seemed okay...
  6. B

Coleman runability issues

Thanks. I was kinda leaning towards that. Fortunately springs are cheap. Is the nut on the governor arm supposed to be snug?
  7. B

Coleman runability issues

So the last two years, our Coleman 100X was the smoothest running mini bike we had and the one that hadn't been ridden much. Not this summer lol. So the last week or so it's been running like crap. I did all the typical simple fixes. I drained the gas tank and replaced it with fresh gas. I...
  8. B

Trouble finding a replacement shock for Massimo MB200 Warrior

Fortunately I took my bent fork into work and the maintenance guy put it on a hydraulic press and straightened it out for me. Thanks though!
  9. B

Coleman CT200U-EX shock length?

Can somebody please physically measure the length of a shock on their Coleman CT200U-EX? Thank you.
  10. B

Yup, already been to that website. They don't have any shocks which is why I'm here. I wasn't joking when I said I spent hours researching my options.
  11. B

I was riding Sunday in a field of tall grass. There must've been a low area in the land that I couldn't see because my front tire went down and I flew off. Fortunately I fell into soft grass. I picked my bike up and the handlebars were crooked. I got home to see that my driver's side...
  12. B

How long has a belt been lasting for Chinese torque converter?

I'm sure it's heat related. My buddy has the same bike I have and we were hauling butt for 22 miles each way at 30-38 mph. I'm also wondering if, while riding at 38 mph, the drive pulley had the belt at it's max diameter and for some reason it started rubbing on the cover. The belt does have...
  13. B

How long has a belt been lasting for Chinese torque converter?

So I did the torque converter install on my Massimo MB200. Overall I can say it's pretty awesome. My overall satisfication of the mini bike and riding around is much higher. I did a pretty good job of lining up the belt. My foreman and maintenance guy at work both agreed it looked lined up...
  14. B

79cc Predator engine mods help

If you absolutely have to go with a 79cc your best bet is to look for a well respected automotive shop that specializes in rebuilds. While not a car, an experienced machinist will have no problem taking precise measurements, know how to get maximum power, where to locate parts, fabricate parts...
  15. B

Hello, first post. Mega Moto 80/mods?

We got my wife a Moto 80 this summer. She liked the body style compared to all the other available options and fit her good at 5'2" tall. We were fortunate to pick this up unexpectedly at a rural central IL Wal-Mart in the clearance section for $150. The low price I paid allowed me the money...
  16. B

What bike should I get?

You are better off holding off until you find the 200 cc that you like at the price you can afford. Settling for a bike you didn't really want only leads to disappointment. As they say "There's no replacement for displacement".
  17. B

Torque converter just came in. Chain length question.

I was debating doing the torque converter install tonight. Im not scared haha. Just crossed my mind though, is the stock chain on a MB200 perfect length, too long or too short? I just do t want to start the install tonight if i dont have the parts required to complete it. Thanks very much.
  18. B

I need a clutch cover

I also needed a clutch cover after installing the Predator 212 into my wife's mini bike. My foreman said we could fabricate one at work but I didn't want to wait or bother him. I used my wife's oldest banana bread pan. The others we had weren't wide or deep enough. I cut it where I needed to...
  19. B

I got that itch. The mini bike itch

Haha. It's awesome that a few mini bikes is winning my attention over my 2015 Camaro LS six-speed 323 hp and my 2006 Escalade ESV 345hp 385 ft-lbs of torque. But then again growing up in the suburbs of Chicago it was legal to drive powerful cars. We just couldn't get away with mini bikes. So...