Search results

1. B

Tecumseh Kill Switch

Trying to hook up a kill switch to my 5hp engine off a snowblower. I attached the new wire (red in picture) to where the old one came from. (White end of wire in other picture) Im spinning the engine with a drill but get spark reguardless if the new wire is grounded or not. Where am I...
  2. B

High speed surge

I have a 5 horse power tecumseh that surges at full throttle. It came off a very old snowblower. Circa 1976 i believe. Anyway is sears number 143-665082, Serial number 8142B.It starts and idles fine, accelerates hard, but surges at top speed. The spark plug always comes out black. It runs the...
  3. B

Super metal?

Im setting up the throttle on my 5 horse Tec but i cannot drill into the throttle arm so i can put a wire stop in for the throttle cable. My bits are brand new but they just dance on top of the metal and wont dig at all. Am i mising something here?
  4. B

Trail Bronc in Ohio

"Trail Bronc" - Mini-Bike - 22x14" Tires - 10 HP
  5. B

Carb tuning

I just cleaned the carb on a 5hp Tecumseh snowblower i picked up. It has high and low ajustments. I was wondering what the proper technique is to set both of them.
  6. B

Kill switch wont work

I got my buddy's small Toro snowblower running but i cant get the kill switch to work. I got another switch that wasnt a direct replacement so i spliced it into the existing lines. That didnt work either. So i took the ground wire and touched it directly to the wire that runs behind the shroud...
  7. B

2 stroke compression

My buddy just dropped off his 3 horse, 2 cycle, Toro snowblower saying it wont start. I have very little experiece with 2 strokes so I used my knowage from 4 strokes. I checked for spark and compression. It has spark and the compression read around 53 psi. My question is how much psi...
  8. B

Piston rings

I need a new set of rings for my HS50. I accidently snapped one of them when i removed them. I found these that work for almost every engine exept mine. But it says works for 4-6 hp engines so is it a good bet that they will work on mine. 23-1460 - Tec 34854 Piston Ring Set (Std.)
  9. B

Mounting the sprocket

Is this the kind of drive wheel assembly I need in order to mount my sprocket? http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/8-375.html?id=5rmCCzBI
  10. B

Mounting the sprocket

Is this the kind of drive wheel assembly I need in order to mount my sprocket? 8-375 - 5" Rear Demountable Wheel Assembly
  11. B

Air Cleaners

I have recently come across two Tecumseh HS50's. Neither of them have air cleaner assemblies. Does anyone sell reproduction ones of do i have to get one off another engine.
  12. B

Crankcase cover

I am rebuilding a Tecumseh HS50 i just got. the engine is basically striped. I took of the flywheel and all that and then tried to take off the crankcase cover. the seal between the bearing and the crank cover is too tight, they wont seperate. When i try to pull the cover the crank wants to...
  13. B

Stuck pulley

I recently picked up a Tecumseh HS50 and i started a rebuild. But now im stuck, the old pulley is rusted onto the shaft. I have a small torch and i tried "heating and beating" but to no sucsess. I know my uncle has a large torch i can use. Would that help? Do i just need more heat? And...
  14. B

Crazy day

I had one strange day relating to minibikes. This morning i took my Lil' Indian Sabre for a ride. I punched it from a stop and felt a shake and the chain fell off. I thought it was no big deal and i would just put the chain back on. But i looked closer and I SHEARED the jackshaft in HALF...
  15. B

Mixture needle

I have a 2.5 hp Briggs that i am fixing up. When i cleaned the carb i noticed the mixture needle was grooved. Would a local mower shop carry a simple replacement needle? Or would i have to salvage the one i have?
  16. B

Hot and Cold spark plugs

Whats the difference between a hot and a cold spark plug. And if I add performance parts like a new carb or larger jet will it benefit me to get a hotter or colder plug? or should i stick with what the manufacturer recomends?
  17. B

Horsepower and mufflers

I have two Briggs engines, one is 8 cubic inches and the other is 9. i was wondering how much power each is putting out. I am also doing slight rebuilds on both of them but i cannot get the mufflers out. They both have a screw in type mufflers which over the years have become rusted to the...
  18. B

rear sprocket

I need a rear sprocket for my Manco Streaker project. Its only powered by a 2 horse Briggs so would i be correct in assuming that i want the largest sprocket possible so i can get some acceleration from the small engine. I ride around my yard which isnt huge so i am looking for more...
  19. B

Rear sprocket

I need a rear sprocket for my Manco Streaker project. Its powered by a 2 horse Briggs so i am looking for the largest spocket i can get so i can actually get some acceleration out of it. The tire is 10 inches in diameter so they have to be smaller then that. I also need a 5/8 clutch for it...
  20. B

Bare frames close to Cleveland, Ohio

I am looking for a bare frame relatively close to Cleveland, Ohio that i can build from scratch.