Search results

1. S

Best heat insulation and source for Predator 212 ?

I am using the stock header and muffler that comes with the Harbor Freight 212 Predator engine. It is like a square box muffler and there is no adjustability to its attachment. The alternative would be to buy a separate header pipe and attached muffler of some sort which would cost more than...
  2. S

Anyone ever add additional footpegs to frame ?

Here are the OldMiniBikes bolt on pegs
  3. S

I cannot imagine thost pegs to offer anything more than rest to a passengers feet. I will be standing on them when doing small (very small) jumps etc.
  4. S

Was wondering if there were mounts that could be welded yet offer bolt holes so that foot pegs could be bolted to the frame and replaced when broken etc.
  5. S

Want to add more foot pegs to MiniBaja allow riding more like a dirt bike- While Standing

I have been riding some very rough trail lately requireing 1 or 2 mph speeds sometimes and it is hard to ride while sitting down at speeds slower than about 6 or 8 mph. Somehow when standing you can steer and balance like on a bicycle mountain bike or a real dirt bike motorcycle. I need the...
  6. S

Best heat insulation and source for Predator 212 ?

I am using the stock OEM muffler that came with the motor and when riding my Mini Baja my left inside thigh is very warm almost to the point of pain unless I shift to an unnatural position on the bike. It looks like I have about a quarter inch space between the muffler shield and the muffler...
  7. S

New Predator 212 Dies 10 seconds after being inverted and possibly seizes

Oh and forgot to mention.... When I first pulled the plug out the whole electrode and area inside the insulator was totally soaked in thick oil. It has now made me aware of more tools and spares that I have to take along on my rides 1. spark plug socket and wrench or whatever to hold it...
  8. S

Yes it was a hydraulic lock and it was definitely oil in the cylinder and not gas. I poured some gas into the cylinder and pulled the rope many times and the spray coming out was oily. the first pull right after taking the plug out had pure oil come out just like out of the bottle. Anyhow I...
  9. S

I was riding a thick trail sideways on a hill about two mph and put my foot down for support on the downhill side and it wound up being a foot deep hole. I fell off the bike and tumbled down the hill while the bike remained inverted in the hole and ran about 10- 15 seconds before quitting...
  10. S

Predator 212 Governor - Limit it, or removal...???

Massacre - you seem to have misread or misinterpreted my comments and noted my opinion wrongly. I absolutely LIKE/LOVE mechanical governors for all those riders who do not understand they can blow the engine up like children and those who do not have the discipline or understand technically...
  11. S

Largest possible tire for the Large Mini Baja bikes

Very kind of you to tell me …. AFTER THE FACT :-) Damn I hate it when I miss the easy solutions.... Usually from over thinking the problem.
  12. S

I should add as seen in the picture the bottom chain rubed slightly on the frame so I raised up just the rear of the motor by one inch using washers to create more clearance for the chain. THAT made me have to fabricate different length brackets for the muffler AND had to re-engineer the...
  13. S

Charles S. Yes all helpful hints are appreciated especially tire mount 101. But did you read that the pros at the tire shop had a difficult time. This tire happens to be six ply and very very stiff. I suggest you get one and mount it just for the fun of it. I even bought the $45...
  14. S

I'm sorry that is BS. Did you not notice that you said MPH and not RPM ? On the performance cars that CAN do 155mph (VERY SMALL percentage) , they are limited to speed and not to RPM except for very few exotics. If you want to sit in neutral and rev the crap out of it till explosion you...
  15. S

Grow up Harquebus. How's that. I doubt if you threw a handful of those plastic gears loose inside the crankcase that any harm would occur. Besides that the replacement cost of the engine is only $99 and if the unused timing gear only screwed up on one of every hundred motors assuming it could...
  16. S

I would like to know how many people here have a governor on their car ? How many have blown up their car by over revving ? What makes people think we has humans are incapable of governing our motors the same ways we do our car ? my Mini Baja with 212cc HF motor has a governor with zero...
  17. S

That just tells me I should put a reverse transmission on it and learn to ride backwards. Seriously, You really made me chuckle as you reminded me of the hilarious comedy of me trying to mount the tire by myself and then I took it to a tire store and they also had some significant difficulty...
  18. S

I recently purchased the 21x7-8 tire and found it to barely squeeze into the frame width wise on the rear... Actually there is a ton of space left over for the frame but the rear sprocket is the limiting factor. This tire inflates to 7.75 inches wide and leaves only an 3/16 of an inch...
  19. S

Golf Cart mufflers on Minibikes ?

I googled and went to look at a lot of different golf cart mufflers and because they are expensive a lot of golf cart guys are finding auto mufflers that will fit in the same space and use them. I found in my Mini Baha that the space between the frame tubes above the rear tire is 9.25 inches...
  20. S

Golf Cart mufflers on Minibikes ?

Yes that would make sense but we would have to ask some old timers first hand about how loud they were. Only Rokon is still in business and I will check to see if they do anything special.