Search results

1. lzrider90

Engine mod help

rover, my bike will still destroy yours come race time so stop tinkering with kart parts :gunsmilie: *** for anyone in the sarnia / lambton county area of ONTARIO next summer we'll be racing on a dirt flat track i'll post a thread once its up and running
  2. lzrider90

How many of you

here's my old 71' CB750 currently out of service with a bad coil and a worn rings. And my old 79 XS400 not too long before i sold it, the guy who bought it ended up chopping the thing up and harvested the motor to put in his golf cart... what a shame, it ran great with big jets and pod filters...
  3. lzrider90

future DB30 mods on stock engine?

if** you did want to run the stock 2.8 you could always fab up a cheapo header?? that might do something for ya, but i think i also heard that headers negatively affect those engines...:confused:
  4. lzrider90

future DB30 mods on stock engine?

yeah definitley jump up to a clone get the adapter kit and then the possibilities are endless! small pod filters are easy to come by and if your'e going for a hydraulic rear maybe think about doing a front rim swap to run a front brake aswell (stock bicycle disc is dangerously lacking in the...
  5. lzrider90

Manual transmission

LOL manual clutches, dirtbike trannies, automatics..? I thought this was a mini bike forum!!
  6. lzrider90

"Doodle Rat" Build (oh no not another 6.5 doodle...)

Well this is the first real customization of my dirt bug (as they are called up here in Canada). I bought it about a year ago to use as a pit vehicle at the dragstrip.Everyone seemed to use it as the "community bike and it got to the point where the little 2.8 practically threw in the towel (or...
  7. lzrider90

1940's homemade scooter (thats right 60yrs!)

No he wasn't able to put a name to it either. But he did say that the frame was definitely not cushman. He was leaning towards parts from a moto-scoot, but of course nothing was 100% identifiable, similar but nothing that was for sure made by a particular company...:doah: but yeah at least its...
  8. lzrider90

well the scooter has left the building (aka small cramped garage) and has moved on to bigger better things. Today i got a call after work from a guy who wanted to take a look at it, turns out the guy collects old cushmans!And he literally runs an antique shop out of his basement, so all in all I...
  9. lzrider90

Help! looking for a clutch in the SARNIA ONTARIO AREA

well i think I'm going with ctjminis kit, after all whats not to like about painless bolt ons? and its always nice to do business with other minibike nuts!:thumbsup:
  10. lzrider90

fasteners are/were mostly square nuts and hex bolt heads, many were either chewed up or rusted on (natures loctite) so the were torched or cut off
  11. lzrider90

I looked at tons of pics of old cushmans and related old scooters but yeah, I couldnt find any with a fork setup like this (im not sure if its clearly visible but the tops of the handlebars are actually two goosenecks from pedal bikes!) Wow this is turning into a "name that bike" event! let me...
  12. lzrider90

see I was wondering about that, but the body is definitley not production i'll have to get an inside shot, its built like a chicken coop with small angle iron for framing and tin body panels, and nut and bolt fasteners Ive been lookinf for a picture of a chusman chassis but cant fine any similar...
  13. lzrider90

Help! looking for a clutch in the SARNIA ONTARIO AREA

HELP! I live 15 minutes away from Sarnia, Ontario (right across from Port Huron, MI) and I'm trying to find a place near by that would sell minibike/go kart parts or at least the centrifugial clutch im looking for (3/4" shaft #35 chain...). I'm doing the 6.5 upgrade to my doodle bug (aka dirtbug...
  14. lzrider90

Hi all, I'm not sure if this should be posted in this area but what the heck! This things been sitting around my yard in various locations for about 6 years before i finally decided to do something about it. The history of it goes as such: it was built after the second world war by a navy vet...
  15. lzrider90

Doodlebug Motor Upgrade Kit

hey cjtmini, is the kit still available? i have some questions about the engine plate..
  16. lzrider90

Exhaust

For my doodle i just chopped up the exhaust off an old lawn tractor, i think it was a Allis Chalmers.. anyways it was cheap and its loud!
  17. lzrider90

The unofficial Canadian thread EH!

Hey there DannO im from Corunna (near Sarnia Ont.) if that rings a bell to anyone, I have the same set up.. doodle (or dirt bug as we say in Canada) and mainly parts and engine from Princess Auto! mine works great hopefully yours will too!
  18. lzrider90

DoodleBug30 Removing Governor

Chimp, your have the same issue I had, If you have a Princess Auto nearby head over there and you can get a Powerfist 6.5 clone for cheap or in my case I landed and actuall honda for 200$ its an easy swap for easy money, (powerfist is basically the same as Harbour freight) or you could go all...
  19. lzrider90

Baja Dirt Bug? Comet torque-a-verter

I found a 6.5 hp Honda OHV at Princess Auto for 200$, i'll have to get the 3/4" clutch aswell, but i couldnt see a chain # is it #41?