Search results

1. G

Which Tecumseh?

I have a basketcase Rupp Roadster 2 without an engine. I've had it for several years and now need an engine. I'm wanting to dig this old project out and get it going. I'd love to have a Tecumseh star but they are hard to come by. What model Tecumseh should I be looking for? H50, HS40, HS50? Do...
  2. G

Which Briggs?

What's the main differences between the animal, animal. Local option 206, and M series?
  3. G

Rupp mini with GX200 questions

I have a Rupp mini bike I started getting together several years ago that I had planned to put a Briggs animal. I got burned on eBay and the project got stored. I now have little ones and would like to finish my project using a Honda gx200. This seems like a better fit. What carb and exhaust...
  4. G

Rupp 12" wheel

Looking for 12" wheels for my rupp roadster.
  5. G

tecumseh star

Hi everyone. I picked a 73 rupp roadster II frame for a minibike build about 3 yrs ago and had a lot of things happen which put my project on hold until recently. I'm still gathering parts and have been considering my engine options. I had originally thought that I might go with a Honda...
  6. G

Comet TC Question

I'm putting an animal in a Rupp frame and am deciding which comet 30 kit I need. Do I need the 10t, #40/41 or the 12t, #35? It will be used for playing around, minicross, pit bike, etc
  7. G

Animal vs animal 206

I've read conflicting info on the topic so I'll ask here. Is the LO206 a better built engine? Is it built to tighter tolerances? Both are the same price and I'm trying to decide which to get.
  8. G

Torque converter options for animal

Hi everyone. I'm building a mx mini pit bike from a rupp frame to play around with and will be either using the animal or the world formula engine and am curious which torque converter would be best for my application. I understand that the comet 30,340, & TAV2 are only rated at 8 hp and...
  9. G

rupp pit bike engine choices

Hello, I'm new to the site and have been looking at building a rupp pit bike. Since the bike won't be stock I am not concerned about going back to the original engine. My question is which engine would you all recommend. First off, is there any major reliability concerns with either B&S or...