Torque converter options for animal

Hi everyone.
I'm building a mx mini pit bike from a rupp frame to play around with and will be either using the animal or the world formula engine and am curious which torque converter would be best for my application.
I understand that the comet 30,340, & TAV2 are only rated at 8 hp and the 40, 44 series are rated at up to ~18 hp. The problem is that the size of the 40 & 44 pulleys are are 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 respectively.
What are your opinions and insight into this situation. I would like the one that is best suited for my application and plenty rugged, reliable & durable.

thanks

Try to use a 30 that is what I am going to try ,, Most stock Rupps and Speedways use a 5/8 belt so the 3/4 is a improvment for sure ,, The 40 is just to big and like said before it only comes in a 1 inch driver ,, the animal is 3/4 crank size ,, buy a new animal if you can they come in real cool red crate .. a true crate engine ,, its all about money right ??? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would pick which ever is easiest to mount, they are fairly under rated imo and even a tav2 should be fine with a GX200 unless it is extremely modified.

Thanks for the replies. I think that I will most likely go with the 30 on an animal but I have plenty of time to decide because this project will most likely take a while. I had noticed that the 40 came with the 1" bore but the 44 comes in different available sizes, one of which is the 3/4" but it also has an 8 1/2" diameter rear pulley.

I'm in the process of installing a tav-2 on a animal. It requires a slight bit of modification to the engine outer cylinder base area for clearance, nothing that adversely affect the engine in any way. If you decide to go that route, I could walk you through it.

whichever motor you go with, you'll need to upgrade the driver weights and garter springs on the TAV2 or you'll have very little top end. the TAV2 in stock form will hold those motors back.

if i remember correctly, the Animal will need the garter springs upgraded to maybe the white (?) and the World Formula will need white springs and aluminum weight.

dont quote me on that but its pretty easy to test springs/weights to get the power delivery and top end you want.