gx160

1. I

What Motor for Minibike? Honda GX160 or???

Hey all, Noob here with a mini bike I bought off craigslist. It came with a 2.5HP briggs that appears to be on its way out. I went to a local lawn mower repair shop to inquire about a newer bigger motor and was offered either a Honda GC, GX or Briggs motors. The shop owner said he likes...
  2. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  3. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  4. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  5. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  6. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  7. My Restoration project, 1969 (i believe) Rupp Continental w/ Ungoverned Hon

whatcha think?
  8. tundrabeagle3

gx160 clone head for predator 212

I have a predator 212 that has one of the exhaust studs stripped. i tried to tap it but ended up making the hole way too big. I wanted to try getting one of the gx160 clone heads from ebay to increase my compression and fix my stripped bolt problem. Will the predator 212 valves fit on the on the...
  9. M

Where to buy Gx160 head

I'm looking to buy a gx160 head for my gx200. Looked on affordable go karts and they are $60 plus whatever shipping is. Also looked on eBay but they look like fake honda heads. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a head at for a good deal? Also with the smaller head since compression...
  10. S

MB165 Exhaust Pipe

I thinking about buying this exhaust pipe off of OldMiniBikes but I was wondering if anyone else has one and how good are they? Do they even fit on the Baja Heat style bikes? Also can I just use the pipe and not the screw on muffler or will this mess up the engine valves and other problems like having to...
  11. Stephen115

WTB: gx160 pull start

I need a gx160 pull start, I'm sure the gx200's will work also, to complete my motor. Black in color or yellow prefered (so it goes with my theme) Used is good as long as it works Thank you SJ
  12. Predator212Laxer

Predator 212cc Head work!

I have a predator 212cc and I did a bunch of modifications to it, except for the head. I want to use a GX160 head will that work. I've heard that "minidragbike" or someone is a good person to do porting and bigger valves? How can I reach him. Sorry I'm still new to all this. :laugh:
  13. Valocalrep

GX160 Gas Tank

Trying to get parts togther for the build off bike and i need a new gas tank, anyone have one laying around they will sell for cheap, paint doesnt have to look the best color doesnt matter, prefer no rust and minimal dents Thanks Anthony
  14. S

Honda HX160 uneven revs when idle.

Hi I am new here and fairly new to the art/craft of fixing engines, but I am enjoying it tremendously. I have come come to own a handful of old Honda petrol generators which I am in process if fixing. I've cleaned all carbs, and checked the all have reasonable compression, and they all start...
  15. G

GX160 carb and head gasket questions

I just got a used Honda GX160 I took the head off, and then put it back on reusing the gasket without torquing it I put a 6.5 predator clone carb on it, and got it started and idling If I give it any throttle it immediately it dies (choke open, if I close and give it choke it wont idle...
  16. S

Baja MB165 GX160 Exhaust Pipe

I have a stock gx160 on my MB165 mini bike currently. I've been looking around for a straight pipe or just a new exhaust but it seems alot of them require a new air filter and then that leads to a re-jet. My Hondas stock exhaust barely fit without hiting the frame bar (I guess the gx160s exhaust...
  17. K

14cc complete honda GX160 head

Want $50 for the head. It's nice! Has valves, rockers, springs all still installed. Never been raced, was an industrial engine. Raises compression over 2 points if put on a gx200 or 6.5hp clone motor. PM if you have any questions. Thanks!
  18. G

Gx160 linkage issues

So first post on here, have been digging around the net looking for answers and some have lead me here, though have not answered fully my questions. I have a gx160 and some redneck PO botched the throttle linkage. This proves to be an issue since I can find nowhere on the Internet with a few...
  19. D

Honda clone gx160

Hi everyone. I have a clone gx160 that i'm having some issues with. i can use the choke to start it and then turn it off and will idle fine. after warming up i try to take off and it dies. now if i throttle up slowly it will stay running till about a 1/4 throttle, then die. Now i can...
  20. S

Honda GX160 Timing Issue

Ok so I bought a brand new Honda gx160 and figured out the shaft was too short for my minibike. I got it all opened up and swaped the shaft for my Jiang Dong clone shaft that was longer. I also swaped the flywheel from the clone into the Honda because the clones flywheel could power the...