1/8 or 1/4 mile times ? Fastest ?

Will be testing my new bike at the track and was curious to what the record is on a Minibike at the drag strip.

Got a Dragbike style grudge race on September 17th at thunder valley here in noble Oklahoma and was wanting some kind of idea as to whether I'm slow or not. Hahaha

Finally did a mild build on my big block nitro 44. And it should be started for the first time this weekend. Since I tested the chassis with the stock engine. And it's been powder coated this go around also.

Attachments

Looks good Joe!! No stretch?!! I like the green powder and wheelie bar!! Good luck on your runs this month!!!! :thumbsup:

Looks good Joe!! No stretch?!! I like the green powder and wheelie bar!! Good luck on your runs this month!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks. There are full build photos on my page. I'm hoping for alot of mph but I doubt it will happen. Would be nice tho. As long as my torque converter idea works it should get there. If it doesn't I will buy a bigger head with better valves. I'm hoping for 80mph but I doubt it will get there. It's geared for 85@7500 so we shall see I guess. I can always add nitro or a turbo if it doesn't get there. Lol

As long as you beat 48mph.
That's what I got (in an estimated 1/8mi.) with a 212 on a too-rich-of-a tune with a clutch on a 4.8:1 ratio so i'm guessing you should get at least 55 with a torque converter tuned right.

As long as you beat 48mph.
That's what I got (in an estimated 1/8mi.) with a 212 on a too-rich-of-a tune with a clutch on a 4.8:1 ratio so i'm guessing you should get at least 55 with a torque converter tuned right.
I have been 55mph already with stock engine and no governor at 5100 rpm's. And it did it in about 300 feet or so. So I should be good there. I regeared it and built the motor to go about 7500. That was floating the stock springs at 5100. It's built now. Only thing I didn't do was headwork.

And I will get videos. I have another buddy that's gonna ride it also so I can get the pics and videos I want. I'm gonna ride it to make sure he doesn't over rev it first cause no limiter. But after that I will let him ride it and I will get good pics and videos.

I have been 55mph already with stock engine and no governor at 5100 rpm's. And it did it in about 300 feet or so. So I should be good there. I regeared it and built the motor to go about 7500. That was floating the stock springs at 5100. It's built now. Only thing I didn't do was headwork.
And I will get videos. I have another buddy that's gonna ride it also so I can get the pics and videos I want. I'm gonna ride it to make sure he doesn't over rev it first cause no limiter. But after that I will let him ride it and I will get good pics and videos.
Niicee.
It'd be funny to see look on some car drivers reactions unexpecting such power from a small motor.
This thing sounds like a monster.

Bike looks great! Awesome job on the powdercoat
Good luck on your runs.
I am hoping to make a couple runs myself this weekend fingers crossed lol

CALL BIG CHIEF AND SHAWN DUDE..LOL..COULDNT RESIST..SORRY green is my favorite color..good luck with the test..nice looking bike ,I'm hoping to do one along those lines over the winter..you can make these things scream now just keep feeding it the green..lol good luck..

CALL BIG CHIEF AND SHAWN DUDE..LOL..COULDNT RESIST..SORRY green is my favorite color..good luck with the test..nice looking bike ,I'm hoping to do one along those lines over the winter..you can make these things scream now just keep feeding it the green..lol good luck..
I already threw the key at andrade and the cutty and he said no chance and threw them back. lol

I know most of those guys as this thing will see some other time as well. Im hoping to race farmtruck and the powerscare tho for the fun of it. And their mechanic has some mini dragbikes also with a stock style chassis tho. I sold him some parts for it so i know. lol

Im still waiting on the rotating assembly to get balanced but i found somebody local so i should still be good to go on the 16th and 17th if something doesnt blow up on the 16th. haha

I got some more done tho...............

14183699_1395682313793852_4941918926124087978_n.jpg

14212812_1395682357127181_2841869990388819486_n.jpg

Niicee.
It'd be funny to see look on some car drivers reactions unexpecting such power from a small motor.
This thing sounds like a monster.
i just noticed your from texas............... Gopowersports did the custom torque converter for me. They are having a gathering in october i think. I told them i would try and make the trip to showcase what they have done. And to get out of oklahoma for awhile. Im still waiting for them to make a set date tho.

Looking good Joe, :thumbsup: and If you are getting parts from Russell ( NR Racing ) that guy has a ton of knowledge .
Yes big help from Russell and F&B Minibikes. I would have been guessing on alot of stuff the first go around without them. Im gonna put F&B header on it and my barstool also this one was for testing cause it was cheap.

:scared: Wow! 1/8 mile on a Mini Bike? My 3.5 Horse Duck/Drover is topped out in <100 yards and I dunno how many scary MPH. But, that's OK, because my hair is raised and the seat has a longitudinal pinch crease afterwards. I am a slow speed crawler kind of guy I guess. But it is exciting so I can see the attraction. Just not me please...:eek:

Mike T

This deadline is not looking so good now.

Carburetor is way off. But I broke the cam in finally and new parts for a few minutes. It had a rattle inside. Come to find out the piston is hitting the head only when you start it and rev it. Turning by hand it never did it. So I need to either buy a piston or cut the outside dome off the stock piston.

Got it fixed in time. But my billet flywheel wasnt here in time but i still ran it even tho the rpms were staying at 5750 everytime cause of no timing. It ran 59mph every pass and was at that mph at 400 or so feet. So it has a lot left in it for sure. But i ran it 4 times and no issues the whole time. Was playing with carb and it went slower everytime so I guess ingot the jetting right the first shot. Go figure like that ever happens. Haha

1/8 = 10.40
60' = 2.26
1/8 mph = 59 every pass. (Was there at about the 400' so alot left)

I'm tuning the crank down to 3/4 and buying the 3d manual clutch and gonna get back after it at full power this time so stay tuned.

Guess I need to just make a build thread on the bike !