14cc head swap difficulties.

i put a 14cc gx160 head on my blue clone, it ran good for a little bit, but within a day or so after it started to not work to well.

it would start and still go but wouldn't top out nearly as fast as it did the day before, and on the following day the motor would hardly start and if it did start i could literally hold the throttle wide open and it wouldn't go anywhere, and thats where the motor is at now.

the motor has the following parts, stock carb with a 90 jet, supersnake pipe, air filter, ARC throttle plate, 18lb springs, walbro fuel pump, genuine honda ignition, and the 14 cc head.

any ideas?

1BadFox

i put a 14cc gx160 head on my blue clone, it ran good for a little bit, but within a day or so after it started to not work to well.

it would start and still go but wouldn't top out nearly as fast as it did the day before, and on the following day the motor would hardly start and if it did start i could literally hold the throttle wide open and it wouldn't go anywhere, and thats where the motor is at now.

the motor has the following parts, stock carb with a 90 jet, supersnake pipe, air filter, ARC throttle plate, 18lb springs, walbro fuel pump, genuine honda ignition, and the 14 cc head.

any ideas?
I would look at the valve geometry and condition of push rods since that was the only major change. You may just have to set valve lash... or lets hope thats all. Check springs for bind while you are in there.

prolly dropped a pushrod off the rocker arm, easy fix and adjust the intake .002 and exhaust .003

or mebbe the 18# springs wiped the cam?

Last edited: