16hp Briggs V-Twin Vanguard

jeep4me

I just picked this up yesterday. I saw it at a yard sale just down the street from my house. The guy asked me if I was the person riding all the minibikes around..."of course", I said. He said that he was going to stop me and ask me if I was interested in this engine. I gave him a deposit and he held it for me for a week until I had the remaining.

It's really too big for me to put on anything I have, now, so I'm thinking about reselling it.

It was on a tee-mower at the golf course he used to supervise. They bought the engine new 2 months before closing up the course, so it only has about 50hrs on it. He brought the entire mower home with him when they closed up. I have not tried starting it, but it turns over really nice. I remember seeing him mow his yard with the mower, so I know it runs.

It has electric start and just needs to be hooked up to a battery. The key and sylenoid are already mounted on the engine.

This would be a local pickup only, it's way too heavy for me to ship.

This engine cost almost $1600 new.

I'm asking $700, offer, or minibike trade.

About 15 years ago I made a two into one header for one of those.It sounded really good when you wound that motor up.Looks like a nice one steve,good luck on the sale.

Had an 18hp on my kart with a 4 disc clutch but it was too much weight on one side and it bent the axle. The kart was a freight train and weighed ~430lbs without ballast. good luck with the sale, these are truly great engines!:thumbsup: