1964 rupp information needed

markus

In 1964 the new continental line replaced the Dart cycle bikes, they offered a continental custom ( full suspension, H35 3.5hp), continental special (hardtail, front suspension, H25 2,5hp) , and the econo-cycle (2.5hp side tank, or in kit forum/roller) Lighting was optional and tail light was round and mounted to the fender, color was red that year, and they had steel wheels. the Gran Prix mags were introduced on the bikes for the 1965 as well as moving the tail light up to the rear top rail behind the seat An interesting thing was the Kart magazine cover photo with Playboy playmate June Cochran sitting on it the engine is a side exhaust H35, but the 1964 brochures and other photos all show rear exhaust with what was actually new at the time seven hole #30911 muffler

markus

Please tell me you don’t/cant remember all this information off the top of your head….scary…o_O

:) basics are there rumbling around in my noggin' I have a photographic memory so I can vision pretty pictures of all this, but I have to go back to my files I have made of different brands over the years and put the pieces together with info from articles, catalogs, and literature....

Thanks Marcus , I’ve had this mini bike since 76or77 . Can’t remember what the engine looked like, it was blown, fella I bought it from rode it to college in California. I have three years of registration certificates for California. I totally restored the bike, all original except for the seat and a four hp Tecumseh I rebuilt. I guess the most valuable piece is the chain guard. Had all of the chrome re- chromed,which cost a fortune. Need to figure out how to post pictures on this site,guess I’m just old old school. Don

Yes, try and post some pics of your 1964 Rupp Continental! Would be great to see your progress

I bought my 64' in 2016 as a basket case missing the Steel wheels, fenders and chain guard. I opted to go with the early 65' wheels and my Good Friend Todd T. Fabricated a similar chain guard. The seat is from a Fox mini and the engine is a period correct 3.5 hp Tecumseh.
Rupp tag # is 01594