1966 Powell ? What do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a Powell serial number
152-22. 4 horse power B&S- copper colored. Cleaned the tank out, fresh Castrol 30W oil,started 3d pull for about 4 seconds and quit, pulled again and it ran at high rpm about 6 seconds and quit, cleaned and lubed throttle and carb linkage and pulled the rope and the recoil spring broke. Called lawnmower shop... they said the engine code # indicates it's a 1966. Guy I bought it from had it atleast 30 years, he doesn't know the year or model. Judging by YouTube videos I think it's a Challenger . Who is a good source for Old Briggs and Stratton parts ? By that serial # can anybody tell me what I have ? I couldn't add pictures.

Its hard to get much info from the Powell experts here. Try the Facebook page, much more helpful.
That is not true. There are megabytes of Powell information on this site. Moreover, the individual you are responding to has asked the same questions under more than one user name.

Check this link for a better explanation. There is a search function on this site, but unfortunately the results aren't always what the poster wants to hear.

That is not true. There are megabytes of Powell information on this site. Moreover, the individual you are responding to has asked the same questions under more than one user name.

Check this link for a better explanation. There is a search function on this site, but unfortunately the results aren't always what the poster wants to hear.
Not that it REALLY MATTERS,but there's a good reason for the use. of 2 different names. The fact remains the same...different links, forums, opinions,Facebook, Google and it's still unclear exactly what year this Powell was built.

Yeah thanks, I have gone to Facebook and you're right...MUCH more helpful AND nobody cares how many names you use, or attitudes.
There are no online forums that allow the use of multiple log in personas. (Including Face Book)

The reason for that should be obvious.

I don't run this site, I don't get paid to moderate, nor do I or anyone else who has tried to help you get paid for it.

I know I spent about an hour looking into historical data for YOU. You couldn't even bother with a "thank you."

All of the questions you asked that "could" be answered "were" answered.

I deleted your other persona as per the rules concerning multiple log ins.

Please enjoy your hobby on Face Book.

Sorry I should clarify that the Facebook page is more active and the information comes faster. Someone one on here brought it to my attention and people have sent me much needed pictures when I needed to figure out what parts I was missing.

I was even able to date my Powell. All very cool and enjoyable research!

There are no online forums that allow the use of multiple log in personas. (Including Face Book)

The reason for that should be obvious.

I don't run this site, I don't get paid to moderate, nor do I or anyone else who has tried to help you get paid for it.

I know I spent about an hour looking into historical data for YOU. You couldn't even bother with a "thank you."

All of the questions you asked that "could" be answered "were" answered.

I deleted your other persona as per the rules concerning multiple log ins.

Please enjoy your hobby on Face Book.
Should delete this one too....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.