1968? Bonanza BC1300

Here is a clean old Bonanza with full suspension, was repainted in candy apple red about 20 years ago, (originally metallic blue), has a strong running 2 or 3 HP Briggs with good centrifugal clutch. Most original parts are there, has an off-shore brake lever, missing rear fender, homebuilt seat, original Bonanza tag #36015, good General Jumbo 4.5-6 tires. Not a perfect example, but a tough one to find in any condition. Located in Victoria BC Canada, will crate for shipping. Let me know if you want to see any more images or if you have any questions.

See cold start and fun test ride here: https://youtu.be/lRMTT4dDPXA

Asking $1850 u.s. ...exclusively listed on Oldminibikes.com
Cheers, PJ

IMG_8189.jpg
IMG_8188.jpg

Attachments

So, no interest because the price is too high? Because it's in Canada? Because I've never posted here before?
Hints would be helpful... Thanks, PJ

mustangfrank

So, no interest because the price is too high? Because it's in Canada? Because I've never posted here before?
Hints would be helpful... Thanks, PJ
Since you asked...with a correct or even period correct looking Tecumseh flathead, a rear fender and a correct Bonanza repro seat you might find a buyer in that price range. What do I know though, I've bought what others consider "junk"

I thought it was a decent asking price….motor sucks but still the Canadian shipping parts really sucks…heck I know what I got in mine restoring it….it’s more than that….

Remember, YOU asked...
The engine is a BIG turn off for anyone to pony up with the big bucks. That Briggs engine has the (smaller) 1 qt. fuel tank with "Vacu-Jet" carb which suggests it is (only) a 2 HP engine- way too puny and under powered for decent performance for an adult rider of any size at all.
Michael

Thanks for the input Fellas... Although I have owned it for more than 20 years, my mini-bike knowledge is lacking, so I appreciate the insight.
I'll knock the price down and post it locally.
Have a good weekend,
PJ

Well just a thought….when I ran parts out of a hd shop for some reason a lot of candians came to our area….and a lot of them bought harley parts oil mostly ….I would send them to an address in buffalo and they would shuttle them across without paying the high cost of duty tax etc….maybe you could rent a P.O. Box and list it from there to reduce shipping costs etc….

Well just a thought….when I ran parts out of a hd shop for some reason a lot of candians came to our area….and a lot of them bought harley parts oil mostly ….I would send them to an address in buffalo and they would shuttle them across without paying the high cost of duty tax etc….maybe you could rent a P.O. Box and list it from there to reduce shipping costs etc….
I'm familiar with that type of service, but the bike still has to be shipped across the border.

Really and truly, aside from the engine and seat you actually have a real nice bike there. I would advise getting a good quality reproduction Bonanza seat fabricated and installed. You will get the $$ you spend back on the sale and it will definitely attract more interest from buyers. You can let the NEXT guy upgrade the engine to whatever THEY want. The replacement engine would not HAVE to be a Tecumseh by the way- even a nice period-correct looking Briggs 5HP (fairly common) would work well and provide very good performance even for a larger/adult rider. Years ago my son did a full "restomod" of the exact same Bonanza as yours. The engine he installed was a Briggs 5HP "Raptor" engine with some performance upgrades estimated to put out about 7HP.
Michael