1968 honda scrambler

? Not sure if the link worked but if it does the bike doesnt look bad. My question is would a HF honda clone work with this bike for 150 i would snatch this thing up

It is a cl 90 and has the original engine would it be work with a hf honda clone or would i need a motorcycle engine for it?

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Those little lifan 4 stroke replacement motors run great. I stuffed a 125cc 4 speed in my Honda 70 Clone. That little bastard is scary now.

It needs to be like the engine in the bike now.. Same Honda shifter motor and gearbox all one unit.. They just have Honda Clones of those too.. What they mean is get one of the Liflan (Honda 125 shifter motor) clones for the bike.. Not the 6.5 Harbor Freight engine.. Those are all wrong..

whats the price for an engine like that? I saw a lifan 125 cc or more for 209 just was browsing. I proboly can get a better price some place else. I dont know if there are alot of problems with the bike. I have a hf 6.5 already so i just want to know if it would be better to return it get a lifan and pursue this honda. I have not done a lot if research on the bike. I havent had much luck on google seeing alot if parts. So just worried if ill get it and ill have modify for diffrent parts

Neck

Growing up is optional
If you need a good idea search lifan engine on ebay, If you try and use a clone Honda gx200 engine you may ruin the bike attempting to install it! I believe that bike has a stamped sheet metal frame. With the Lifan Honda OHC replacement engine you will have a "good" usable bike, but then I haven't seen what you want to install the engine in!

Went back on craigslist only to find the bike gone. They have 63 ca77 dream but i think for right now ill run with the 6.5 on a mini and get a project motorcycle when i have the money

zeeman

Those Lifans are pretty nice, but I don't think the chinese are telling on truth with the cc's. From what I have heard on the PlanetMinis forum, they are a little under powered compared to the original. I have a 125 Lifan in a Z50 Honda, but the wiring is a big problem for me at least. They are not plug n play.