1968 Rupp C-250

I know I was cheesing when I seen it, can't wait to get it all stripped down and cleaned up, it's going to be hard to find the right tank for it and an aftermarket seat will be all I will probably be able to get, the rest shouldn't be to terribly difficult, lol however the old tecumseh 2-1/2 hp engines aren't that easy to find either.

capguncowboy

I know I was cheesing when I seen it, can't wait to get it all stripped down and cleaned up, it's going to be hard to find the right tank for it and an aftermarket seat will be all I will probably be able to get, the rest shouldn't be to terribly difficult, lol however the old tecumseh 2-1/2 hp engines aren't that easy to find either.
Manchester1 can make you a seat for it, which will be the most accurate aftermarket seat you'll find. The tanks pop up pretty regularly on Ebay for around $200-300. The hard piece to find is the clutch guard. That and the 1968 H25 will be a task. Good luck!

I will have to see what Manchester1 will charge for a seat, lucky me it still had the original clutch guard but no chain guard, and I think I have located a period correct H25. :) and yeah I know that tanks gonna be the hardest thing to round up.

yeah I seen that auction going on and thought to myself Wow!!! and that was around the 250 mark, I never realized it went for what it did good grief charlie brown!!! wish I could find a box of brand new old stock tanks for one of these old Rupps, lol and yes I have rounded up a 2.5 period correct running tecumseh engine!!! Yeee Haw!!!!

capguncowboy

yeah I seen that auction going on and thought to myself Wow!!! and that was around the 250 mark, I never realized it went for what it did good grief charlie brown!!! wish I could find a box of brand new old stock tanks for one of these old Rupps, lol and yes I have rounded up a 2.5 period correct running tecumseh engine!!! Yeee Haw!!!!
That tank was mine. They normally don't sell for that sort of money. It was just the perfect storm of desperation between two different buyers with very deep pockets.

Rupp 72

Those tanks usually go for around $250 - $275 depending on condition, but $900 is a first for sure, that is just unheard of.