1968 Taco 99 Frame

1968 Taco 99 Frame for sale. Someone went a little drill happy on it plus the foot pegs need replacement and also the kickstand bracket. No cracked welds or re-welds. The serial number is a little obscured. Looks like 8A?687.

Comes with your choice of either original Taco forks and swing arms or Woods Motorsports reproduction fork and swing arms.

The Taco forks (brown primer), are very straight but have some dings/clamp marks probably due to someone straightening them. They also have a hole drilled in the top tree. The Taco swing arms (brown primer), shock tabs are a bit crooked, looks like that's the way they originally welded.

The Woods Motorsports upper forks (bare metal), are tig welded and NOS. The overall length is the same but where the trees are welded shortens the distance to the axle by about 3/4". The top trees are a little beefier and have a slightly different contour and move the neck hole 1/8" back. Lower legs and springs are used. The Woods swing arms (NOS) are a tad thicker and a bit more rounded.

I'm giving you the choice since some might prefer all original parts, where as others might prefer parts that need less attention and a lower price.

$280 with the all Taco parts option.
$260 with the Woods parts option.

Pick up in SoCal (South Bay), Los Angeles area). Sorry but I don't want to ship at this time. If it doesn't sell I may consider shipping it.

T99w_woods-fork.jpg 68-99-07.jpg 68-99-08.jpg 68-99-01.jpg 68-99-03.jpg 68-99-04.jpg 68-99-05.jpg 68-99-09.jpg WoodsTop.jpg WoodsTrees.jpg Woods-Fork-Lowers.jpg WoodSwing.jpg 68-99-10.jpg

Last edited:
Re-posting this frame. Only available with Woods Motor Sports (the bare metal), fork and swing arms. $260 Pick up in SoCal.

I have a set of the later style wheels that I will sell for an additional $100 (only for sale with this frame). FYI, Late in production '68 bikes came with the later style wheels.

I also have some shocks and a brake hub/sprocket that I might sell (only with this frame).