1969 z50 mini trail street leagal in iowa?

i just bought a 1969 50 for 250 runs and drives. i tore apart and am in the process of sandblasting and soon repainting. I was just wondering is it possible to make this thing street legal. the title is easy to get im not worried about that. But i dont wanna buy a title if its not gonna be able to be street legal. SO what do i need to do any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

I'm not sure how it is in Iowa, but in Ohio you need taillights, turn signals, a head light, and mirrors for it to be street legal. Those are the basics, at least.

MikeBear

You MAY be able to get it street-legal, but remember this: Car drivers do NOT see FULL-SIZED motorcycles on the road. How much chance do you have of surviving if you get hit on a bike that small? Believe me, the odds are completely against you, and if you ride it often on the road (say back and forth to work), you most likely WILL get hit eventually.

My son was knocked off a bike by a hit and run driver some years back. They were going about 75 mph and punked him like a croquet ball, he was on a full sized bike, but he survived. It was a miracle. If it had been a bike as small as yours, he'd be dead, guaranteed.

Neck

Growing up is optional
69 Z50's were designed to be street legal, and came with all the equipment needed to be street legal in 69.

it can be as simple as filing for a lost title and showing them a picture of the serial# or as hard as you can possibly imagine. depends on your state and their rules an how the person at the counter feels that day. Usually its just a matter of telling the people what they want to hear

Thank guys so much for the help, this is fantastic at least there's some hope out there, and I'm mostly looking to ride it at the campground, so yes thank you guys alot:)