1970 bridgestone rockford chibi

george3

I am working on a chibi mini bike. I was going to trade for another project, still might, It is missing the tank, some rust but almost unused. This mini bike is unbelieveable. every thing I take apart is brand new looking. the forks, no ware at all like they are new inside. the rear brake new looking unused. the oem plug just replaced it, and the oem air filter new looking. This bike was purched in 1970 and used a couple times and parked. never been wrenched on. has origional tires as well like new. wow. will post some pics. tomorrow. of some of the items mentioned. here is one before I worked on it. Almost forgot to mention cleaned the carb changed the oil, and plug and it runs like new.

Last edited:

george3

Finished product. need a couple things but it runs like new. A gas tank would be nice, anybody have one that I can buy or trade some good items for?

george3

I seen that pic. too much time to do a show room job I hate chrome anyway, too much trouble. I will leave the chrome for the choppers where it should be. Sure could use that tank on that bike. the one on ebay is kind of hammered.

george3

I think that bike was re-painted the color is wrong. the rims are greyer than stock, and the hubs were painted. Mine is oem color, all but the black detail.

george3

I have been looking for a short while. Did not plan on keeping it. just built it for the challange. was hopeing some would be interested in it, lack of room for the next project. The bike is fast 45 or so.