1970 Couparrol Tony-Pony Arrived Today!!

IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0503.JPG

My UPS Driver wheeled up this nice package today. It appears like more work than I expected after making a deal on CL in Denver the guy shipped it to me in WI. So now what direction to go? I have always went to OEM parts on my motorcycles and trading up for better parts as they came up, all the while keeping them original sweaty with the 70's patina. So this one, I was planning on a restoration but the engine and parts I need will be some more cash than it may be worth. The original Engine was a West Bend 820 which are available but comparred to these predators I have been reading about maybe I shoud go custom...

Well anyway I will have time to think about it as I'm cash poor now. I'll take my time and start working with the parts I have keeping an eye open for others. Anyone have a lead on parts for this I would appriciate the help. :confused:

markus

Remember things stay on the forum when you post them, so try sticking to one story especially when it its only a few days apart :laugh:

I still think that bike is really a cool find!

I never even heard of tony pony until recently so I don't know how "available" parts are for it. I do have a tank but you have that already.

It's hard to gauge how big that bike is, I wonder if a tecumseh would even fit in it. I'd guess a predator would though.

Hmm, if a predator fits you'll have to switch or slot out the engine plate too. Maybe an adapter plate will work.

I wish I'd of seen one of these in person! It just seems like a smaller bike, hard to tell what would work & what wouldn't

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Thank you dragracer! I really appreciate your input and I’m very excited about it too if you can’t tell ha.

You and I are in the same boat. I’ve only recently heard of them as well and like you I started with finding a tank but now kind of building around that. It’s not as big as it appears in the advertising and think it’s only a couple feet to the seat, maybe a little more.

I have had the same thoughts after reading about the predators it would be a cheaper and far quicker build and probably perform as well, I think. That’s the struggle because I don’t want to devalue the bike or should I say I’d like to maximize the investment I put into it but also once I pull the trigger I’m kind of committed. The base plate looks like Swiss Cheese already so ya probably put a plate down if I go with another type of engine. I’ll do some measurements just to see anyway. The best 820 I could find seller said would come down to $350 but I’d take a chance that it didn’t need work. It’d be nice to find one on angle plate and a runner at that price.

That’s why I posted on this “us vintage only” was to maybe get some advise on or maybe a lead on here but this appears to tick Markus off that I post in more than one category. He must own this forum.

I do need a cap for my tank but you wouldn’t want to part with just that. I’m really striking out with finding any other parts so maybe I’ll just keep stripping, sanding and cleaning until I can decide. I did get a respectable offer but it’s worth more at least to me anyway.

Last edited:

markus

Are you being funny or is this a cut down Markus? Help me understand what your implying...
Well last week you make a post about this bike, On the 8th you list it on ebay, and yesterday you make a post that it just came in that day :shrug:

The suck thing about that bike is they hacked the frame up so bad whittling the jackshaft mounts off the rear frameplates and cutting the framerail off and re positioning it.

Good luck with whatever it is you trying to do with it, restore, flip, customize :shrug:

Hmm, now I see it on eBay.

Like Markus said, good luck with it. I hope you build it but good luck with what ever you do with it

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Haha!

Yes, I posted when I purchased it and also listed on ebay, its my business to buy and sell and certainly no crime or frankly not any of your business Markus. Have you any idea about marketing? Wouldnt it be great to sell it at a profit before its even delivered? I've done that many times, again nothing ethicaly wrong with that and certainly not your business. If your not intrested just skip it like I do, but your a different little guy. If you like it buy it, the world kind of works that way.

I do see you seem post every day trying to save people from ebay or Amazon. My guess is you got screwed at some point in your life and you can't get over it. So now you try and project how savy and smart you are because you know your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Also mr obvious, I posted when it was delivered. It is all clear why you posted what you did now, I can only imagine what a life you must live to follow my transactions on ebay ond posts on old mini bike forum and get upset about them.

I appreciate your wish of my luck. I am not sure what I will do with it but what ever happens I'll laugh thinking of how much it disturbed the little mini bike troll...

Last edited:
Since I have been a part of this site, I have realized that there are many good people on here and they treat the other members almost like family. With that in mind, they also look out for one another. No that you are one, but there are many shady characters out there and I appreciate the members on here that take the time to look out for such people. There are many members on here who have been members much longer then I have and have much more knowledge than I have. I wouldn’t be so quick to be offended when a member is looking out for the rest of us and questions what you are doing. Some day that member that you are insulting today may be the same member that finds a problem and warns you about it before you make a mistake.

In life there are many good people, more good than bad in my experience. Markus is a passive aggresive which speaks volumes to me. I see his style and he may like to intimidate others but i'll call him on it every time. His type of help, if thats what you call it, I can do without. People buy and sell and yes make a profit, if everyone stopped selling because profits were being made nothing would be for sale.

If he had a problem, or a question he should just be honest and say what he wants not tell me I'm posting too much because it stays... wtf. I just joined this forum he should PM me, don't air his issues with me in such a way. How many people leave because of him? My guess is a good number. I don't believe he was trying to be a public service to anyone, maybe just jealous and can't hold it in.

FYI: markus is one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum, possibly the most knowledgeable from what I've seen (Check the "What is it?" forum and note his name at the top of the "Top Helpers" list). He is highly respected and well liked.

Last edited:

markus

Sweet! I made "Troll" status......Been working on that for the last ten years on here. And not just any old Troll either but rather "little mini bike troll" I like it :thumbsup: Thank you for making that happen, could not do it without you :laugh:

Markus, I’ve recieved messages and now understand you are just a kid. My advice to you is to drop the ego and grow up. Your not above me or anyone else in this forum or in life. One day you’ll learn this, but take the short cut to happiness, and you’ll find it doesn’t last. All the best to you! To use your words, “the sucky thing” is you have no clue what I am saying.

FYI: markus is one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum, possibly the most knowledgeable from what I've seen (Check the "What is it?" forum and note his name at the top of the "Top Helpers" list). He is highly respected and well liked.
Amen Charles. I probably couldn't say it better....
And [MENTION=58923]Wicokid[/MENTION], Markus has helped folks on here for years, he's saved my salt more than a couple times. Has never failed to help me personally with a technical question or parts I needed either. At 10 years tenure on this forum he's earned the right to call out BS if he sees it...Just sayin...

And [MENTION=58923]Wicokid[/MENTION], Markus has helped folks on here for years, he's saved my salt more than a couple times. Has never failed to help me personally with a technical question or parts I needed either. At 10 years tenure on this forum he's earned the right to call out BS if he sees it...Just sayin...
AMEN. :bowdown: Markus knows his stuff.:thumbsup:

OK, you all seem to be in agreement that Markus knows how to identify mini bikes. Amen to that right! So we can all back Mr Markus because that’s what this is about right? Spin..

Your all praising him for calling me out to be a liar. Is that not offensive to any of you or your all ok with that because he is “protecting the family” from scammers.

What world do you people live in that this is acceptable behavior, obviously the oldminibikes.com members don’t care for any new members. My second thread just asking for others point of view on next step in my project and I’m told that I need to “keep my story straight because it’s recorded. You all give that an Amen? A man would apologize when he saw the error.

Is this the hey, we got a stranger hear, don’t like or trust him, push him and we will all back the bully.
Get out your pitch forks boys!! The Clonaza Clan?

Mercy!

Last edited:
So he has earned the right to call anyone a liar because of the 10 years. Got it! So if he figured out their was no lie now we just call his bike a hacked up mess and he moves on? Your “Just sayin...” it ok with you and give him an Amen!

I guess yours is the new normal the internet. Did anyone tell you that you don’t treat people like that? Or are you all just kids because that’s the feeling I get. Adults just don’t behave like you are.

I have no problem if you flip it or build it or whatever and I dont know if you bought it and it was more hacked up than you thought,so decided to just get rid of it. But if you go back and read what is being said you are just making things worse. I don’t know Markus except through this forum. He is very knowledgable and very respected. Attacking him for bringing what you are doing to the forefront is only fuel for the fire. You must realize that now that it has come to light that your bike is hacked up people who are friends of Markus or even just find him more legitimate than you will troll every post you you try to sell your hacked up bike on. Your better off either keeping it or putting it aside until this blows over... although that could be years. Like he said once you put it on the internet its there forever.... my advice is to himble yourself. Make amends. And move on.