1970 Powerdyne Cougar

vwfan79

I'm listing in this section due to listing as a complete or roller. Chrome on fenders is nonexistent but the rest of the bike is decent. Tank is good and has no leaks, I cleaned inside and sealed with red kote just to give it a fresh interior. Bike has dura DOT street tires that are in good shape. Front and rear brakes work, although front is not hooked up. Motor is a GX160 14cc head milled .030 27/25 ss valves 26# springs arc rod black mamba cam Honda flat top piston flush with the deck .010 head gasket 10 degrees timing rubber valve cover gasket 22mm mikuni carb uni air filter, may be missing something but you get the picture. Bike is pictured with a noram ge clutch but will be selling with a comet and header will be changed to rlv pictured with the factory exhaust which is what had till I recently tried a new pipe out. If you want it as a roller I have the factory exhaust pipe and the nipple the screws into the Tecumseh exhaust port. Roller $250 complete $600. Currently to busy to break down and ship so local pickup but I will work with your shipper.

vwfan79

Yes I did lose but not the point, and your wrong about the tires. These are DOT tires and don't show any abnormal wear. Here is a screen shot of a picture I just took, dated.

vwfan79

No I did, but you had a point about the tires I just wanted to show they were not worn on the left side. I didn't take your comment to seriously.

Interesting. Well, I certainly can't say it isn't a PDV but it sure as heck does look like my ARCO. I'm fairly new to this forum but have been involved with mini-bikes on and off for a little over 40 years. I'm surprised to see the amount of PDV message traffic on the forum. I live about two miles away from where their headquarters used to be.

Also, under the general minibike talk section of the forum you'll see a thread entitled something like mini-bike guide scans. I've added a couple of PDV articles there.

It is a Powerdyne Cougar..I have the same bike with the factory lighted BB Tec and all. And the original motor off his bike was date coded for 1970.

Well, I've learned something today. I guess I spoke too soon. That being said, I'm going to closely compare this bike with my ARCO. PDV wasn't ever known for its originality. :wink: